My Three Girls by Susan Floyd

My Three Girls

by Susan Floyd

131723,089 (3)None

This book was a really intense read and I finished it in one day. It was a real page turner for me and a story that swept me away and filled me with emotions. Anyone wanting a feel good fluffy romance should absolutely read this book.

Even though I thought it was a very fun read, I do have several complaints about the book also.

Firstly, I thought it was very hard to suspend disbelief. Too much weird stuff was happening and it almost felt forced instead of coming naturally. I don’t want to say it was formulaic exactly certainly less than believable.

Secondly, the pacing of this book felt off. It almost rushed you through. Especially near the end of the book it was so fast that you couldn’t savor it. I wished there had been more scenes where Brady and Dana talked, played, or otherwise got to know each other. Instead, he proves he is domestic and good with kids, each of them share their darkest secrets, and then they have sex (off stage). Similarly, I felt the ending was very abrupt. I would have liked another chapter in the book or perhaps and epilogue to give me a better sense of closure and HEA.

Finally, I didn’t feel that Brady was fully developed outside of his role as uncle and love interest. He is a POV character but he just didn’t feel very real to me. I would have liked a tour of his home, info on past romantic relationships, or maybe a few scenes of him at work. In the course of the book he has to solve a bit of a mystery and that would have been a perfect chance to get to know him but instead all detective was done off stage and we only learn about the outcome of his findings through dialogue later. We never get to see him doing much to solve the mystery.

So, my overall conclusion is that it was a read I enjoyed but one I felt I could have enjoyed more if there had been a few more chapters and perhaps some more realistic circumstances. ( )
  authorjanebnight | Sep 17, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,398,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible