Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle…

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac (edition 2007)

by Gabrielle Zevin

Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2
Tags:read 2009, young adult, fiction, library

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin

(7) 2007 (9) adoption (30) amnesia (121) depression (12) divorce (35) drama (9) family (20) fiction (73) friendship (44) high school (56) identity (24) love (24) memory (32) memory loss (13) mental illness (12) orphans (11) photography (26) read (19) realistic fiction (29) relationships (33) romance (39) teen (36) teen fiction (8) teenagers (9) to-read (38) YA (84) yearbook (24) young adult (87) young adult fiction (28)

English (95)  Dutch (1)  All languages (96)
Raises questions like "If I forgot my life for the last four years, would I be ashamed to be me?"
  GrytaJME | May 27, 2014 |
  GrytaJME | May 27, 2014 |
This book was pretty intriguing, its hard to help but wonder what it would be like to take a look at yourself from an almost outside perspective, to get a fresh start and be able to be a whole new person. This is what Naomi gets to do since she lost her memory in an accident, can't remember the last four years of her life, and realises that maybe she doesn't want to remember the person she had become.

Its a great book, with some interesting characters and a great plot to back it up. ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |
An interesting variation on the theme of the teenage finding herself. Memoirs examines how much of our personality and behaviour is determined by the expectations of others and the desire to be liked. ( )
  Bonnie_Ferrante | Apr 14, 2014 |
This was good, but could've been better. Quick read...can't really go wrong with a romantic amnesia storyline... ( )
  KatieCarella | Apr 12, 2014 |
For my editor, Janine O'Malley, on or about the occasion of her marriage.
Above all, mine is a love story.
If things had been different, I'd be called Nataliya or Natasha, and I'd have a Russian accent and chapped lips year round.

If Naomi had picked tails, she would have won the coin toss. She wouldn’t have had to go back for the yearbook camera, and she wouldn’t have hit her head on the steps. She wouldn’t have woken up in an ambulance with amnesia. She certainly would have remembered her boyfriend, Ace. She might even have remembered why she fell in love with him in the first place. She would understand why her best friend, Will, keeps calling her “Chief.” She’d know about her mom’s new family. She’d know about her dad’s fiancée. She never would have met James, the boy with the questionable past and the even fuzzier future, who tells her he once wanted to kiss her. She wouldn’t have wanted to kiss him back.

But Naomi picked heads.

After her remarkable debut, Gabrielle Zevin has crafted an imaginative second novel all about love and second chances.

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac is a 2008 Bank Street - Best Children's Book of the Year.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:25 -0400)

After a nasty fall, Naomi realizes that she has no memory of the last four years and finds herself reassessing every aspect of her life.

Gabrielle Zevin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,236,417 books! | Top bar: Always visible