Don't Sweat the Small Stuff--and…

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff--and it's all small stuff… (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Richard Carlson

Title:Don't Sweat the Small Stuff--and it's all small stuff (Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Series)
Authors:Richard Carlson
Info:Hyperion (1997), Edition: 1, Paperback, 272 pages

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson (1997)

Reveals ways to clam down in the midst of your incredibly hurried, stress-filled life. Learn to put things in perspective by making small daily changes.
  kristi_test_01 | Apr 15, 2015 |
I found this book a quick read. It's not a particularly deep book but it does have some practical advice for keeping things in perspective (a very good thing when one is unemployed and trying to provide for one's family). The bit that fascinated me the most is that the author is from the Bay Area so some of his specific examples hit very close to home. I am sending this book along to another Bay Area resident who I hope will enjoy this book too. ( )
  pussreboots | Aug 14, 2014 |
This book has benefited me a lot, I used to take everything as a priority 1, this book has taught me how to relax and at the same time complete my work, as what Carlson said: ‘The purpose of life isn’t to get it all done, but to enjoy each step on the journey’, a very inspirational quote. There are 100 steps to complete the whole book, easy vocabulary that everyone can understand, its a very nice, short book that can help a lot of people. ( )
2 vote EpicLaith | May 24, 2014 |
Good ideas in quick-read format. ( )
  wareagle78 | Feb 19, 2014 |
Don't worry, Be HAPPY.
  JCBest | Feb 6, 2014 |
I dedicate this book to my daughters, Jazzy and Kenna, who remind me every day how important it is to remember not to "sweat the small stuff." I love you both so much, Thank you for being just the way you are.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 073380084X, Mass Market Paperback)

Got a stress case in your life? Of course you do: "Without question, many of us have mastered the neurotic art of spending much of our lives worrying about a variety of things all at once." Carlson's cheerful book aims to make us stop and smell--if not roses--whatever is sitting in front of our noses. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff... offers 100 meditations designed to make you appreciate being alive, keep your emotions (especially anger and dissatisfaction) in proper perspective, and cherish other people as the unique miracles they are. It's an owner's manual of the heart, and if you follow the directions, you will be a happier, more harmonious person. Like Stairmasters, oat bran, and other things that are good for you, the meditations take discipline. Even so, some of the strategies are kind of fun: "Imagine the people in your life as tiny infants and as 100-year-old adults." The trouble is, once you start, it's hard to stop.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:55 -0400)

Reveals ways to calm down in the midst of your incredibly hurried, stress-filled life. Learn to put things in perspective by making the small daily changes he suggests.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,815,863 books! | Top bar: Always visible