My Heavenly Hockey Club, Volume 1 by Ai…

My Heavenly Hockey Club, Volume 1

by Ai Morinaga

What a surprise! I'll be honest-- I'm not huge into stories without a lot of romance. Give me a good dose of love triangles and I'm set. That's why I was very surprised when this story, filled with gags and very little of the love bug, had me laughing page after page.

For fans of sports manga-- I don't recommend this title. They rarely play field hockey. It is more like Host Club than a hard core sports manga.

Try it out, you might enjoy it!

Kewpie83 | Apr 3, 2013 |
In one word: Ugh.
I read 7 volumes of this manga before I realized I hated it. For a few volumes it's kind of funny, definitely wacky, but oh so stereotypical.

The premise is rather fun. Hana Suzuki unwittingly joins the Hockey Club at her school - a school she studied hard to get into so she could sleep in an extra 15 minutes and walk to it. The Hockey Club rarely -- er, never, really -- plays hockey. Instead they travel to places to have matches that never happen. The other members are rich so they pay for everything, and Hana is showered with all the wonderful food she can eat. (That's why she stays with the club.)
The other club members are the handsome leader, who starts falling for Hana, the handsome studious megane friend who is harsh on Hana (rightly so), the handsome cute quiet one who turns evil a couple of times (which was quite funny), the handsome identical twins, and... so, you get the picture. Yes, it's a reverse-harem, and no that's not bad in itself. All the characters were 2D. Hana had a bit more life in her (which is ironic), but the rest were just blah - pretty manga boys.

It reminded me a LOT of Ouran High School Host club, but Ouran is a few hundred times better. I don't know if it's because Ouran is making fun of what this series just does... and by the way the characters randomly fight bears and befriend monkeys and get into such stupid, impossible situations that are, rather than funny, aggravating.

I think perhaps the characters are supposed to maybe start growing, but I couldn't see that happening any time soon. If you like shojo reverse-harem school manga, try out the first volume, it will tell you all you need to know about the series - the next 6 volumes, anyway. ( )
1 vote Ignolopi | Feb 3, 2012 |

WHERE THE BOYS ARE!

Hana Suzuki loves only two things in life: eating and sleeping. So when handsome classmate Izumi Oda asks Hana–his major crush–to join the school hockey club, persuading her proves to be a difficult task. True, the Grand Hockey Club is full of boys–and all the boys are super-cute–but given a choice, Hana prefers a sizzling steak to a hot date. Then Izumi mentions the field trips to fancy resorts. Now Hana can’t wait for the first away game, with its promise of delicious food and luxurious linens. Of course there’s also the getting up early, working hard, and playing well with others. How will Hana survive?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:19 -0400)

Hana Suzuki prefers to eat or sleep over anything else, but allows classmate Izumi Oda to persuade her to join the school hockey club with the promise of delicious food and fine linens at the resorts they stay at. Of course there's also getting up early, working hard, and working as a team...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,643,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible