dismiss

A Life Once Dreamed

by Rachel Fordham

512,261,788 (4)1

A Life Once Dreamed is an inspirational historical romance that takes place in the 1880s Black Hills of Dakota Territory. Agnes and James were childhood sweethearts. James proposed to Aggie after she turned 18 and she accepted only to leave him behind with no explanation. Years later, James accepts a position as a doctor in the same town where Aggie is the school teacher. He intends to find out why she left and win her heart again.

I liked the story. It was easy to read and I enjoyed the characters even though I was frustrated with them at times. I'm always interested in books taking place in South Dakota/Dakota so I wish there would have been more description of the setting. Overall there was just enough drama to keep the story interesting and the ending was satisfying.

My thanks to Revell and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read this book and give my unbiased opinion of it. I will recommend. ( )
1 vote sdbookhound | Jul 5, 2020 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Rachel Fordham's book A Life Once Dreamed is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,811,466 books! | Top bar: Always visible