Vamped: A Novel by David Sosnowski

Vamped: A Novel (edition 2005)

by David Sosnowski

Member:kperry
Title:Vamped: A Novel
Authors:David Sosnowski
Info:Downtown Press (2005), Paperback, 384 pages
Tags:vampires, paranormal, orphan, alternate reality

Vamped by David Sosnowski

Bottomfeeder by Bob Fingerman (GirlMisanthrope)
    The Vampire Shrink by Lynda Hilburn (patriciaj279)
    patriciaj279: Great book, hilarious... loved his other book as well. He is an amazing story teller! (being partial to the Vamp books and all)

Twisted but excellent, like a cross of horror, chicklit and family drama. Bizarre, but it works! ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
What a sweet, funny, surprisingly wonderful book!! ( )
  emblue | Jan 3, 2016 |
Marty was part of a group of vamps that decided the world would be better off if it were more vampire then human. Unfortunately they succeeded and now after couple of decades he's kind of bored. Then he finds Isuzu, a 6 year old whose mother was murdered by a group of vampires. At first, Marty keeps her as a future snack, but eventually he raises her like a daughter.

So this was totally not what I was expecting at all. It's less of a vampire book and more of a relationships book. Marty and Isuzu's relationship is definitely something else. Marty is creepily over protective, of course when everyone else see's your kid as a snack I suppose you would get overprotective as well. It can also be a sweet relationship. I really liked Rose and wished we could have seen her appear a little bit earlier. I do also wish we could have seen Isuzu and Robert's relationship develop over time and Twit's relationship with Isuzu as well.

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
For my parents, with gratitude (again).
Here's a tip: When you give the world one last chance to save your life, be specific about how.
So this vampire walks into a bar...

So this vampire walks into a bar...Yes, it sounds like the beginning of a bad joke, but it's just another night in the never-ending life of Marty Kowalski. With his trademark slogan -- "There's a sucker born every minute" -- this blood-drinking bachelor has managed to talk half the mortal world into joining the graveyard shift. Now vampires outnumber humans, and Marty is so bored he could die -- again. With modern conveniences like synthetic blood and Mr. Plasma machines, the thrill of the hunt is gone. Especially for Marty, who's starting to wonder if he should just settle down, maybe start a family. Hey, it could happen. But is this confirmed nightcrawler fully prepared to adopt -- and raise -- a human of his own?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:18 -0400)

"Martin Kowalski is an eighty-year-old man stuck in a twenty-year-old body. He works the graveyard shift. He has a poster of Bela Lugosi on his wall and a box of uneaten Count Chocula in his pantry. He drinks stem-cell-derived blood from cleverly packaged and marketed juice boxes. He is, in short, a vampire. But since his wildly successful scheme to turn as many mortals as possible into vampires - "vamp" them rather than kill them - resulted in a new immortal majority, Marty finds little of interest to fill his countless days." "From the mind of David Sosnowski - who gave us the critically acclaimed junkie-angst classic Rapture - bursts this neo-vampire novel with pint-size vampires known as "screamers" (children who were vamped and are none too happy about it); priest vampires who helped convert their flock into lifetime members of the Church; stripper vampires who lap-danced their way into customers' veins; and one very small very outspoken human girl." "When Marty decides to end his endless life of soul-crushing ennui - call it vampire affluenza - a three-foot blond obstacle is thrown in his path: Isuzu Trooper Cassidy, a refugee from a human hunting preserve. At first he thinks "midnight snack, " but before the sun comes up Isuzu is the one snacking on his prized cereal collection as she charms him into staying undead long enough to raise her in a world rife with danger and almost entirely populated by vampires yearning for the taste of real human blood."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,502,700 books! | Top bar: Always visible