Why So Stupid? by Edward De Bono

Why So Stupid?

by Edward De Bono

We need to do far more with our human thinking methods. We have been far too complacent with a system that is excellent in some regards but dangerously inadequate in others. The fact that this system is securely enshrined in our society makes any change difficult -- but all the more necessary.
The new methods outlined in this book do make a huge difference in practice, but they are only a beginning. There is a great deal more to be done.
It may well be that in the future we will have 'mental contour maps' on computers which will guide and determine our thinking. The key question is whether our future thinking will need to be done by computers or whether there is room for improvement in human thinking done by human beings. I believe in both possibilities.
Computers will eventually be programmed to do powerful multi-faceted thinking for us. At the same time, new concepts, new words and new methods will greatly extend the power of people thinking.
There is a long way to go. Why are we so slow in getting going?
  rajendran | Aug 9, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,426,607 books! | Top bar: Always visible