Wedding? Impossible! by Karen Templeton

Wedding? Impossible! (1999)

by Karen Templeton

I was delightfully surprised by this one. As a second generation Asian American, I don't actively seek out western romance novels that feature Asian protagonists, partially because the choices are very slim, but mainly because I'm scared how the Asian characters would be portrayed. Thankfully, this book features two characters falling in love, and they just happen to be Chinese American. ❤ I love it! Can we have more books like that, please? There are no descriptions of almond-shaped eyes or any mention of "oriental and exotic." The story did go into cliché territory when it briefly touched on the Chinese zodiac but it's all good.

The story was pretty weak though. At the beginning I couldn't put it down, but it was slow in the middle because there's only so much of Zoe's "I'm totally off on love and dating" I can take! When Zoe and Mike finally started dating (or "fake" dating), the book only had a few chapters left. The romance part was rushed and didn't feel organic at all. That was a huge disappointment. ( )
  starlightgenie | Oct 25, 2016 |
This book is dedicated to anyone who's ever had to balance career and home life and been able to survive those times when it all comes crashing down on your head; to my boys, who are still waiting for that in-ground pool; and to Jack, as always
The rain was the least of it.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373520859, Paperback)

Currently, Zoe's only mission in life is to get her matchmaking mother and her meddlesome sisters off her back. So she finally says yes to a blind date with the man everyone else seems to be crazy about. Besides, this unknown guy might just take her mind off of the man she can't stop thinking about despite her better judgment, her latest business nemesis, Mike--gorgeous and antimarriage. All she knows about this mystery blind date is that his name is Mike. Well, it is a common name.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:37 -0400)

Her mission, should she accept it was to get her well-meaning matchmaking mother and meddlesome sisters off her back. So exasperated wedding planner Zoe decided to say yes, just this once, to the blind date everybody else was so nuts about. Because though she clearly didn't have her heart in it, this unknown guy just might take her mind off the man she couldn't stop thinking about despite her better judgment: her latest business nemesis, Mike. Gorgeous, eligible--and decidedly antimarriage--Mike.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,331,745 books! | Top bar: Always visible