Perfect by Sara Shepard

It is still really hard for me to review these books as while I'm reading them I am still comparing the books to the TV series. The writing still is fairly simple for what I'm used to, but as a teen novel is is good. I'm quite surprised by how much was changed or omited from the TV series, but that's what usually happens. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
This is classic Y.A. fiction revolving around privileged teen-age girls. Petty rivalries and jealousies, pressure to excel (from parents), to fit in (from peers). Plus the added angst of having a secret that could destroy their lives and someone who knows the secret and threatens to tell. The four girls have no idea who knows and who they can trust, they don’t even trust each other.

"A" now shows he/she is not only a master manipulator that knows all their secrets, he/she will go to extreme levels to keep the four girls under her control. He/she will even kill to keep her identity hidden. ( )
  BellaFoxx | Feb 14, 2015 |
Oohhh!! estupendo! Este libro supero a los dos primeros.
Increible la tension,el drama y todo el escenario que crea esta persona A. Las chicas son puesta bajo mucha presion, no solo por A, si no por sus familaires y amigos tambien.
Me encanto este libro! ( )
  Gaby81 | Aug 28, 2014 |
Review of Perfect

In this third installment of the “Pretty Little Liars” series, the plot picks up steam.

Plot Spoilers Abound — Please Don’t Read if You Haven’t Read This Book

The plotting around Emily’s incipient lesbianism reads as rather heavy-handed. Are Mainline Philadelphians really that reactionary? I could imagine their Iowan cousins wanting to put Emily into sexual preference-reparative therapy, but I would expect Emily’s family’s disapproval to be more nuanced. It doesn’t jibe with the experiences of people I’ve known.

Spencer is having flashbacks, and it emerges that she is prone to (I’d guess) amnesiac fugue states. That kind of psychological problem is less common among the well-educated and well-to-do, and it felt like a heavy-handed plot device. Also, the ideas, that Spencer would flat-out plagiarize her sister’s economics essay, that the teacher wouldn’t note the similarity to her sister’s previous essay, and that the teacher never nominated Spencer’s sister’s essay for an Orchid award, are all a bit far-fetched.

Aria was summarily dumped by her AP English teacher and takes up with a young man who is extremely kind to her and opens his home to her. It’s suggested that she has sex with this virginal young man. And yet the first chance she gets she hops into the arms of the teacher? Is Aria that disloyal? That morally bankrupt? I guess so.

Hannah’s obsession with being perfect is threatened by her growing rift with her BFF Mona. A sends Hannah the dress from hell, and Hannah, without a second thought, assumes the gift is from Mona and that Mona is wordlessly inviting Hannah to her birthday party blow-out. The humiliation of Hannah at this party is amazingly cruel and thorough. A kind boy, Lucas, who has long had a crush on her, rescues her, and Hannah, rather than dying of embarrassment from what happened so publicly with Mona, makes out with him.

In the climax of the book, A slips up and sends Hannah a text message from her own phone number. Hannah immediately calls a gathering of her old friends in a deserted spot without bothering to share A’s identity. A shows up before the group is quite gathered and brutally mows down Hannah, damn near killing her.

It is about now that the improbability of the plot reaches a new high. Wouldn’t any sane child at this point talk to her parents or the police about this clearly homicidal stalker? Still, I was hooked, and I immediately went on to book #4. ( )
  CandaceVan | May 15, 2014 |
Worst of the series so far, but the next book is apparently the "big reveal", so onward I go. At this point, my inner completionist simply wants to tally the number of red herrings used to stretch this bizarre drama across this many pages. It certainly can't be because I got sucked into it like a soap opera and am actually dying to know what happens next. Right? RIGHT??? ( )
  CWatkinsNash | Sep 23, 2013 |
Look and you will find it--what is unsought will go undetected.--Sophocles
To ALI
Have you ever had a friend turn on you?
"Someone finalyl bought the DiLaurentises' old hose," Emily Field's mother said. It was Saturday afternoon and Mrs. Fields sat at the kitchen table, bifocals perched on her nose, calmly doing her bills.

In Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four perfect-looking girls aren't nearly as perfect as they seem.

Aria can't resist her forbidden ex. Hanna is on the verge of losing her BFF. Emily is freaking out over a simple kiss. And Spencer can't keep her hands off anything that belongs to her sister.

Lucky me. I know these pretty little liars better than they know themselves. But it's hard keeping all of their secrets to myself. They better do as I say . . . or else!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:03 -0400)

After their missing friend's body is found and another of their friends commits suicide, four former best friends live in fear of their secrets being exposed by someone who is stalking them via their cell phones.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,383,761 books! | Top bar: Always visible