Body Mind Balancing: Using Your Mind to Heal…

Body Mind Balancing: Using Your Mind to Heal Your Body

by Osho

Excellent ( )
  vernefan | Aug 24, 2014 |
Many everyday discomforts and tensions arise from the fact that we are alienated from our bodies. With the help of Body Mind Balancing, readers will learn to talk to and reconnect with their bodies. After just a short time, readers will begin to appreciate how much the body has been working for them and supporting them, and from this new perspective one can find new ways to work with the body and create a more harmonious balance of body and mind.

The guided meditation and relaxation process, "Reminding Yourself of the Forgotten Language of Talking to Your BodyMind" is a CD that accompanies the text. Developed by Osho, this meditative therapy guides the listener in reconnecting with his or her body and creating a new and greater sense of well-being.

The voice on the CD belongs to meditation teacher Anando Hefley.
  Saraswati_Library | Jun 20, 2010 |
Reviewed by Carrie Spellman for TeensReadToo.com

The concept of BODY MIND BALANCING is that our thoughts and ideas have been trained to be one way, while our bodies operate naturally, which generally puts the two at odds. The harder you try to force them together, the more they fight each other. This book hopes to help you find a way to balance them, so that you can function at your highest level mentally, physically, and emotionally. It only follows naturally that if each person could reach their best level, the world as a whole would be better.

This book requires that you keep an open mind. I also found that you have to be willing to take the author with a large grain of salt. There are times when he seems to be overly impressed with his own intelligence and message. He seems to have some issues with major religions in general. Also, not all of his ideas are completely real world practical.

If you can get past those things you'll find that the author makes some very good points in this book. Many of them seem so simple and obvious it's hard to imagine that we don't automatically behave that way. I especially liked the idea/realization that your body knows what it wants and when it wants it. To give it different things when it doesn't want them seems absurd, yet we all do it every day.

Included with the book is a meditation CD. I'm not sure I can review it for you. All guided meditation attempts seem to put me to sleep. Unless it was actually just a really deep state of meditation, in which case, it worked! ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 10, 2009 |
A lot of useful information that will assist you in reclaiming your balance. ( )
  LadyBlossom | Jun 28, 2009 |

The voice on the CD belongs to meditation teacher Anando Hefley.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:04 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,294,968 books! | Top bar: Always visible