Poppleton Has Fun by Cynthia Rylant

Poppleton Has Fun

by Cynthia Rylant

Other authors: Mark Teague (Illustrator)

Series: Poppleton (book 7)

I do love the Poppleton stories. The characters are a bit childlike, but the point is that children can enjoy reading about adults, and learning about points of view other than their own ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
I had mixed feelings about this book after reading it. I liked the book because the characters were fun. There was a pig, rabbit, dog, squirrel, goat, mouse, etc., and Poppleton was not the only one with a cool name, another fun name of a different character was Cherry Sue. I think children would enjoy the wide variety of animals in this book and the unique names they had. I disliked this book because while the big idea is to push readers to learn or consider the value of friendship and the concept of sharing, it also had an underlying message that I disliked. In the beginning, Poppleton goes to a movie alone and has a terrible experience because he didn’t have anyone to share the movie and snacks with, and he was scared and lonely by himself. This teaches children that they must always have someone with them; that it is not okay to be alone and independent, too. I think it is important, though, to teach children the balance between sharing experiences with others and also having fun by themselves, so that they can grow up being able to be comfortable in both situations. ( )
  eobend1 | Oct 12, 2014 |
Poppleton Has Fun, is broke into three chapters. Poppleton goes to movies, makes a quilt with his friends, and takes a soak in the bathtub. This is a cute book about friendship and shows how things you do are more fun when you have friends around to do them with. Poppleton is a series, and the interest level is k-2 grade.
  bac031 | Mar 9, 2011 |

Cynthia Rylantprimary authorall editionscalculated
Teague, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Poppleton goes to a movie alone, makes a quilt with his friends, and ends up eating a banana split instead of taking a bath.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,468,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible