In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren

In a Holidaze (edition 2020)

by Christina Lauren (Author)

Member:pburger
Title:In a Holidaze
Authors:Christina Lauren (Author)
Info:Gallery Books (2020), 336 pages

In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren

This was a fun, quick read. Not a ton of substance and honestly the plot line was kind of thrown together just to get the ending the authors wanted. Not enough well tied ends for me. Stayed up all night to finish it because I wanted to know the ending, but was honestly disappointed. Definitely didn’t have a stay up all night ending. But not a horrible read (obviously, since it still got me to stay up all night haha). Enjoyed the atmosphere the book created around the characters but also I didn’t get “Christmas cheer” or “Christmas magic” so much as winter wonderland. For that reason, I think you could definitely get away with reading it any time of the year for a quick winter pick me up. ( )
  ToriC90 | Feb 27, 2021 |
I finished this gem in one day! I just loved the whimsy and humor of this book! The time travel was unexpected and yet not overdone. I expected a bad version of groundhog day once I started reading but then was pleasantly surprised.

I loved Benny's character and could honestly see myself being best friends with a person like him. He was just the kind of character this book needed and I love the affectionate nicknames he used for Mae. I found myself sympathizing with Mae as she felt like nothing was ever going right, and she was a highly relatable character.

This was such a cute holiday romance with an unexpected sci-fi spin and I loved it. The romance wasn't unrealistic, the storyline advanced steadily, and the characters were fun and easy to like. Overall, great read! ( )
  Alli_Kelsey | Jan 28, 2021 |
Couldn’t put it down. Read the whole thing in less than 24 hours. ( )
  bagejew | Jan 18, 2021 |
Maelyn's family and their family friends have always spent Christmas at their cabin in Park City, Utah. For over a decade, she's had a crush on Andrew, the family friends' elder son, but this time, she drunkenly kisses the younger brother Theo. The holidays are generally underwhelming, and as she leaves, she makes a wish to the universe that she can find what makes her happy. On the drive home, her family gets into a car crash, and she wakes up on the plane to relive the Christmas week over again, still with little idea of what happiness might be for her.

I thought that this was cute and seasonal! It definitely took me a bit to warm up to the story--I generally really like Groundhog-Day-like tropes, so that was fun for me; at first I found Maelyn a little annoying, but that got better later in the book. Cute and seasonal! ( )
  forsanolim | Dec 25, 2020 |
This was a fun holiday read. While the time travel/Groundhog's Day situation was a bit unnecessary, and not really resolved, it was a fun read I could see easily being a feel good holiday movie on one of your favorite channels. I loved all the characters. At first there seemed to be too many and I was worried I wouldn't keep them all straight, but their personalities really shone through. I also really enjoy reading about friends that have become family. In this book a group of college friends and their children get together to spend a week at Christmas together. It's an action packed week of building snow creatures, sledding and doing scavenger hunts. Sounds like a lot of fun. I kind of want a follow-up starring Benny! Reading all these books lately set in beautiful settings (this one in Park City, Utah), definitely has me itching to travel! ( )
  julesbailey9 | Dec 23, 2020 |
Call me harlot.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,721,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible