Silver Bay - A Baía do Desejo by Jojo Moyes

Silver Bay - A Baía do Desejo

by Jojo Moyes, Elsa T. S. Vieira (Translator)

Member:landslide
Title:Silver Bay - A Baía do Desejo
Authors:Jojo Moyes (Author)
Other authors:Elsa T. S. Vieira (Translator)
Info:Porto Editora
Collections:Lido, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:contemporâneo, ficção, romance

Silver Bay by Jojo Moyes

Set in Australia, this is satisfying romance dealing with dolphins, whales and big development. Although, this isn’t my favorite of Moyes, I enjoyed the story and the characters. ( )
  brangwinn | Apr 29, 2015 |
I have liked every one of her books and this one does not disappoint! She has headed in so many different directions with each and every book. She keeps coming up with ideas that make me wonder----how does she DO that??? Wonderful! ( )
  nyiper | Mar 15, 2015 |
AGAIN, Jojo did it again, why am I still surprised. Book 3 and I get half way through but the momentum kept coming with this story and boom, a surprise twist and you don't want it to end! All the great makings of a story, a little hotel, whale and dolphin watching, a great extended family and friends. Enjoy and now I have to get all her books. ( )
  mchwest | Jan 28, 2015 |
She just writes nice books ( )
  shazjhb | Nov 20, 2014 |
Liza McCullen will never fully escape her past. But the unspoiled beaches and tight-knit community of Silver Bay offer the freedom and safety she craves—if not for herself, then for her young daughter, Hannah. That is, until Mike Dormer arrives as a guest in her aunt’s hotel.
The mild-mannered Englishman with his too-smart clothes and distracting eyes could destroy everything Liza has worked so hard to protect: not only the family business and the bay that harbors her beloved whales, but also her conviction that she will never love—never deserve to love—again.

For his part, Mike Dormer is expecting just another business deal—an easy job kick-starting a resort in a small seaside town ripe for development. But he finds that he doesn’t quite know what to make of the eccentric inhabitants of the ramshackle Silver Bay Hotel, especially not enigmatic Liza McCullen, and their claim to the surrounding waters ( )
  cjordan916 | Jul 12, 2014 |
FOR LOCKIE, FOR EVERYTHING HE IS,
AND EVERYTHING HE WILL BE
PROLOGUE - My name is Kathleen Wittier Mostyn, and when I was seventeen I became famous for catching the biggest shark New South Wales had ever seen: a gray nurse with an eye so mean it still looked like it wanted to rip me in two several days after we'd laid it out.
CHAPTER I - If you stuck your hand in right up to the wrist, you could usually uncover at least three different kinds of biscuit in Moby One's jar.

When Mike Dormer heads out from London to a small seaside town in Australia to kick-start a hotel development, he expects just another deal. But Silver Bay is not just any seaside town, and the inhabitants of the eccentric ramshackle Silver Bay Hotel - the enigmatic skipper Liza McCullen, her ten-year-old daughter, and her legendary shark-catching aunt Kathleen, as well as the crews of the local whale-watching boats - swiftly begin to temper his own shark-like tendencies. He is left wondering who really has the greater right to the bay's waters.

As the development begins to take on a momentum of its own, and the effect on the whales that migrate past the bay begins to reveal itself, Mike's and Liza's worlds collide, with dramatic results. New, unforeseen hazards emerge to confront both the creatures and the McCullen women. How close can you get, before you end up destroying what you love?

When Mike Dormer heads out from London to a small seaside town in Australia to kick-start a hotel development, he expects just another deal. But Silver Bay is not just any seaside town, and the inhabitants of the hotel swiftly begin to temper his own shark-like tendencies. Originally published: London: Hodder & Stoughton, 2007.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,229,758 books! | Top bar: Always visible