Hide and seek in the yellow house by Agatha…

Hide and seek in the yellow house

by Agatha Rose

I picked this up at the library because the cover looked familiar, as if this was something on my wishlist, or I'd seen the style of art somewhere before and thought it good. But it turns out I was wrong. Nonetheless it's an interesting book.

The text is charming, but rhythmic and simple, and better suited to art in the style of [a:Eloise Wilkin|5313|Eloise Wilkin|http://www.goodreads.com/assets/nophoto/nophoto-U-50x66-4df4c878d4149c45fac159e88cb784ad.jpg] or someone else with a light, sweet touch. The illustrations are gorgeous, but they're oils and seem better suited to text that has some depth, that resonates as poetry would.

I do wonder who 'Agatha Rose' really is. And I do wish I could remember what the art style looks like to me - I want to say Edouard Manet but that's not quite right.

And I do love that the kitten's name is 'Mack.' Of course it is, because it's true that when a mother cat calls for a kitten she does squall Mack! Mack! Mack!"" ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440831318, Unknown Binding)

Readers and listeners join a mother cat in a search for her mischievous kitten, who playfully dashes around the house in an almost wordless story decorated with fresh, vibrant artwork.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:44 -0400)

A mischievous kitten leads his mother on a merry chase of hide-and-seek throughout the tiny world that is their home.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible