Squire Throwleigh's Heir by Michael Jecks

Squire Throwleigh's Heir (edition 1999)

by Michael Jecks (Author)

Member:al.vick
Title:Squire Throwleigh's Heir
Authors:Michael Jecks (Author)
Info:Headline Book Publishing (1999), 337 pages
Collections:Your library, Fiction, To read, Mass Market Paperbacks

Squire Throwleigh's Heir by Michael Jecks

I have virtually all of Jecks' works. I am new to Library Things so am not going to go into great detail except to say that he has given me many hours of reading pleasure and largley give him 5 stars. Although it has been some years since I found one of the later stories, I was, at the time, prompted to find the first in the series, etc. It is grand that both his former publisher and his new publisher (Simon & Schuster UK) are republishing his books in print and other formats. I have given Jecks 5 star reviews over the years since I stumbled on to him. As to his research, historically it is from primary sources wherein he writes plausible tales into the historical setting. ( )
  Bookaholic2 | Mar 16, 2015 |

The fates are not being kind to the Hatherleighs. First the head of the family, Sir Roger, is killed in a riding accident; then his young son John is found dead, his poor body horrifically beaten. Although the small West Country community is eager to believe his death was an unfortunate accident, it soon becomes clear that the truth is far more disturbing. This, the seventh mystery featuring Sir Baldwin Furnshill and Simon Puttock, is another absorbing medieval "whodunit."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:05 -0400)

Every day, Sam takes the same old sheep up the same old mountain. What can he do to make life a little more exciting?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,567,818 books! | Top bar: Always visible