Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Resistant Learner: Helping Your Child Knock Down the Barriers to…
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312319193, Paperback)
Addressing the emotional and academic needs of kids in grades four through twelve, Lawrence Greene examines the counterproductive behaviors and attitudes that undermine academic performance, diminish self-esteem and limit educational and career options. Each chapter focuses on a particular deficit area and offers accessible, hands-on methods for parents to guide and mentor their struggling child. Parents learn how to:
* Help their child identify natural talents and use them when learning
* Choose a democratic or autocratic approach to modifying behavior
* Use the DIBS system to solve problems
* Open an effective dialogue with their child
* Express positive expectations and affirm and praise effort and progress
* And much more
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:22 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.