What's for Lunch? by Ann Garrett

What's for Lunch?

by Ann Garrett

191537,190 (4.17)1

I didn’t think I was going to like this book the first time I glanced at it, but I really liked it after I read through. I liked this book because it is informational. I also liked this book because it has flaps with things underneath. Another reason I liked this book is because the words rhyme.

This book is informational because it teaches about what different animals eat. For example on one page it tells that monkeys eat bananas. This book has a flap on each page that has the type of food the animal eats underneath. Under the rabbits flap there are carrots. The words on each page have a rhyme to go with them. On the rabbit page it says, “This fuzzy, furry, friendly rabbit has a very well-known habit. Breakfast, dinner, snack, or lunch, a carrot’s what he loves to crunch.”

The overall message in this book is that every animal eats something different and it is meant to be informational. ( )
  jraeke1 | Mar 3, 2014 |

Pull down the flaps in this bright, playful, oversize book and find out what an elephant and other animals have for lunch--and the messes they make eating it! Young children will love identifying their favorite animals, guessing what kind of food they eat for lunch, and then pulling down the large flaps to find out. They'll uncover a panda munching on bamboo, a monkey slurping bananas, an elephant eating quite a lot, and more. Best of all, the last spread shows a messy-faced child eating--what else?--a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich. The jaunty, rhyming text and the bold, quirky illustrations are sure to make this title a read-aloud favorite--especially right before lunch. Because at lunchtime children know that "Half the fun is when you share it. The other half is when you wear it!"

* Ages 2-5

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:12 -0400)

Lift the flap illustrations reveal what panda, monkey, toucan, rabbit, elephant, moose and you are having for lunch.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,960,383 books! | Top bar: Always visible