Cold City by Malcolm Craig

Cold City

by Malcolm Craig

By no means a complete review, I loved the concept and the execution of Cold City. The game element feels relatively unobtrusive and the background just enough to get you in on the game. I have already found myself Wikipedia-rooting for details about the buildings mentioned and the general post-war state of Berlin. Google Image search (and similar) definitely is your friend here.

I can see myself perhaps using as is, or adapting to the Trail of Cthulhu system, as it has that sort of feel - investigative horror with lashings of paranoia, but the driving need to try and stick together. Yes, you can't necessarily trust everyone else in your team, but when you're all faced by some occult nightmare leftover from the war, do you have a choice.

Impressed enough to pick up 'The Dossier' supplement that includes a bunch of atmospheric handout and informational materials - ideal for ramping up the atmosphere. ( )
  PaulBaldowski | Jan 24, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,086,063 books! | Top bar: Always visible