Random Hearts by Warren Adler

Random Hearts

by Warren Adler

In a perfect world, people like Edward Davis and Vivien Simpson would never have met. He's a happily married man; an ambitious aide to an important Congressman who loves his wife. She's a happily married woman; a housewife with a young son and a dog who absolutely adores her lawyer husband. They are each living the good life - or so they believe.

There is absolutely no earthly reason why they should ever meet...

Until a commercial airliner crashes into the Potomac River with eighty-four souls on board. Two of the victims are linked by a clue that at first stuns and baffles, then draws together their surviving spouses; and sends them on a dizzying exploration of their loved ones private lives. The secrets that they uncover about the people that they loved are totally unexpected.

The explosive discovery leads Edward and Vivien on a journey that ultimately forces them to confront the mysterious and random nature of love - and the transforming power it wields over the men and women caught up in its relentless maelstrom.

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. In my opinion, this was an emotional and very human story. It showed me how the consequences of a single action can ultimately tear apart a person's life - the feelings of hurt and betrayal, anger and confusion that can potentially ruin someone's happiness and contentment with life.

This was the first book by Warren Adler that I've ever read and I give it an A+! Although Mareena has seen the 1999 movie adaptation of this book - starring Harrison Ford and Kristin Scott Thomas - at least once with a friend of hers; she and I have only ever seen portions of the movie together. Maybe the next time it comes on television, we'll watch the entire movie. However, in my personal opinion, the book is better than the movie; so watching the movie isn't all that imperative to me. ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | Nov 24, 2014 |

There was no earthly reason why Vivien Simpson and Edward Davis should ever have met. But when two unidentified bodies are discovered amid the wreckage of a plane disaster, their separate lives collide and they find themselves thrown together by a passion far beyond their comprehension.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:50 -0400)

In the aftermath of one of the worst airplane disasters in Washington's history, two unidentified bodies are pulled from amid the wreckage in the Potomac River. Vivien's and Edward's marriages are suddenly shattered and the terrible secret they both learn transforms their lives and forever binds their restless, random hearts.… (more)

Warren Adler is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,688,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible