Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Introduction to Group Therapy
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0471378895, Paperback)A practical and balanced guide to effective group therapy
In this up-to-date text, Dr. Virginia Brabender provides balanced coverage of the major treatment approaches and provides a solid background of both why and how effective group therapy is practiced. Writing in a conversational style augmented with many instructive case studies, she covers the key aspects of group therapy, from group planning to termination, and all points in between. Providing a balance of theory, contemporary applications, and personal insight, Dr. Brabender explores four major treatment approaches-interpersonal, psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, and problem-solving-and weighs their various advantages and disadvantages in treating a range of problems in a variety of settings.
Introduction to Group Therapy:
* Covers all practical aspects of planning, organizing, and managing a therapy group
* Summarizes the latest research into group therapy theory and practice
* Addresses mistakes commonly made by therapists new to group therapy and offers expert advice on how to avoid making them
* Describes how therapists can be effective in short-term group therapy
* Explores legal and ethical issues that can arise in group therapy
* Provides self-assessment methods along with proven solutions for refining techniques
* Presents empirically validated strategies for handling difficult patient populations-such as acute inpatient clients-and treatment settings, including correctional facilities
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:45 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.