Cat Getting Out of a Bag and Other…

Cat Getting Out of a Bag and Other Observations

by Jeffrey Brown

so i read this book at work today. and by 'read,' i mean 'looked at the pictures.' and my goodness, but these pictures are well done. they simultaneously reinforce the uniqueness of each cat while emphasizing the similarities across the breed. and they make me miss my cats. lots.

highly recommended for cat people or non-cat people who just happen to have cats because their apartment is too small for a proper-sized dog. ( )
  cat-ballou | Jan 22, 2014 |

cat-ballou | Jan 22, 2014 |
This is my kitty Minnie all the way! ( )
  diovival | Oct 14, 2013 |
I'm not sure this book would be as funny if I weren't cat-owned, but I am and it was perfect. I've seen my feline overlord do 95% of the things that Brown includes in this lovely little collection of comics, including a few I thought that my cat and my cat alone did. This book was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. ( )
  Jessica_Olin | Apr 1, 2013 |
Brilliantly accurate observations about life as a cat owner! ( )
  missizicks | Mar 30, 2013 |

Celebrated comic artist and graphic novelist Jeffrey Brown's collection of all-new drawings sweetly illustrates the joys of living with a cat. Featured in McSweeney's and on NPR's This American Life, and praised by comic luminaries Chris Ware and Daniel Clowes, Brown's work has always paid tribute to felines as they curl up on couches and purr on the peripheries of his autobiographical stories. Cat Getting Out of a Bag follows his cat Mistyreally, any catas shegoes about her everyday activities and adventures. In a series of drawings, Brown perfectly captures the universal charm of cats in a lovely book sure to please fans and cat lovers of any stripe.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:46 -0400)

A collection of comics based on the author's cat, depicting its antics as it eats, plays, purrs, and engages in other distinctively feline behaviors.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,364,132 books! | Top bar: Always visible