Unmasking Kelsey by Kay Hooper

Unmasking Kelsey

by Kay Hooper

Series: Hagen (6)

I am a big Kay Hooper fan. While perusing the "shelves" via Overdrive of the Free Library of Philadelphia, I stumbled upon this book. The "cover " shown was very reminiscent of the Bishop series, a series that I have enjoyed for the most part. I have really been wanting more in that series. Seeing this book, I thought it might be part of a new Bishop-type series.
I got it, read it, and was very disappointed by it. Little depth, not much plot. Situations are presented, dealt with. Emotions are presented, dealt with. Entire ways of life are changed due to insta-love.

It felt like a short story, and it was only about 250 quick pages in e-format. Came on GR and saw the Gr cover I realized I had read a Loveswept, not that there is anything wrong with that. Now that I know it was originally a Loveswept, it
makes sense. For a category book it was fine; for a Bishop story, not even close.

paideiamom | Sep 22, 2013 |

EllenAvondale | Mar 31, 2013 |

Ellen1213 | Mar 31, 2013 |

When Kelsey answered a mysterious call for help from a small southern town, he was prepared to charm or seduce Elizabeth Conner into telling him what he needed to know. But once his primitive male instinct sensed the wild spirit hidden beneath her delicate facade, he knew he would -- he must -- possess her! With unaccustomed savagery he swept her into a wild, hot, frantic embrace, revealing himself as he had with no other woman. Elizabeth feared letting any man know her soul, but daring to respond to Kelsey's explosive demands was a danger she just had to taste. Her quicksilver knight vowed to protect her, but as she could never catch the wind or chain the lightning, she knew her elusive lover was like a force of nature -- and not to be controlled. Though Kelsey promised that forever was too short a time for what they shared to last, Elizabeth saw the real test: until she knew how it felt to slay a dragon, she'd never be sure of his love....

"Kelsey has come to the idyllic southern town of Pinnacle to investigate a shady company called Meditron, which has a ruthless way of getting what it wants-or so claims the desperate caller who contacts the FBI. The locals won't talk about Meditron. But Kelsey is an expert interrogator, prepared to use his seductive charms to his every advantage. He just hadn't counted on falling for the beautiful witness at the center of his investigation. Elizabeth Conner is too proud to ask for any sort of assistance. She never needed help raising her three willful younger sisters. But now her family is in serious trouble, and Elizabeth's stubborn independence is a deadly liability. And then Kelsey sweeps her up-and into his arms-like a force of nature, promising to protect Elizabeth and her sisters from a relentless enemy. Elizabeth never imagined letting any man get too close, let alone one who can't even disclose his full name. But daring to trust this tempting stranger is a danger she must embrace."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,975 books! | Top bar: Always visible