HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Bloodfever (Fever Series, Book 2) by Karen…
Loading...

Bloodfever (Fever Series, Book 2) (edition 2007)

by Karen Marie Moning

Series: Fever (2)

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
1,929983,544 (4.18)50
Member:moppety
Title:Bloodfever (Fever Series, Book 2)
Authors:Karen Marie Moning
Info:Delacorte Press (2007), Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:Your library
Rating:****
Tags:Fiction, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Fae, Dublin, Magic, Mystery, Seelie, Unseelie, Supernatural, Vampires

Work details

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

Recently added byJPrice7, anella4611, private library, hjwesten, skmarshal, Pennephred, LaMala, o0oboogieo0o, Iceform

None.

Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 50 mentions

English (97)  Hungarian (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (99)
Showing 1-5 of 97 (next | show all)
I couldn't put this book down from the moment I picked it up (even though I had to for a bit for the sake of the world... just kidding). I liked this one a lot more than I did the first one. I like that future Mac didn't really come up in this one (unless I've just stopped noticing, which is fine and dandy with me :)) as she did in the first book; I liked the story a lot more without the excessive foreshadowing (though there was still some, it was more in keeping with the Nature of Mac). Killer cliff-hanger, though! I loved this book and can't wait to pick up the next one! ( )
  RCW | Apr 8, 2015 |
"Okay I completely liked this book and I was definitely happy to see that the ""Later I would find.."" statement was drastically reduced in this book. I almost hated reading so much of it in the first one. The story picks up where the last one left off. You still have Mac trying to prove she was up to the challenge of revenge and saving the world Barrons is still being a jerk and Vlane - well I don't know what his angle is. He takes a turn I hadn't quite expected and I don't know where it's going. The story is written well with many twists and turns. Although I feel that what was driven to be the main plot in the first one (getting revenge and seeking out OOPs) didn't hardly appear in this one. I was also quite frustrated to have Barrons and Mac finally show that they do actually have chemistry only to have it start then stop and go absolutely nowhere. With them studiously ignoring it I was annoyed. There is plenty of events that are traumatic but could have used a little more details and action scenes. Other than that a good read." ( )
  jessica_reads | Mar 24, 2015 |
Review to come! ( )
  Aly_Locatelli | Jan 26, 2015 |
Peguei no Bloodfever ainda estava a ler Os Leões de Al-Rassan, porque precisava de desanuviar um pouco daquela leitura. Depois comecei a ler o E Tudo o Vento Levou (que estou a adorar) e comecei a ficar obcecada com o livro. Para desanuviar voltei a pegar no Bloodfever e… já não o consegui pousar! Que leitura viciante!!!
A nossa amiga MacKayla está menos “loira”, mais atenta e cuidadosa. No entanto, não tendo sido educada como sidhe-seer, volta a cometer erros e a cair em situações perigosas. O mais viciante destes livros é não sabermos ao certo o que se passa e se os nossos aliados são bons ou maus na luta contra os Faeries.
Barrons, o que raio é o Barrons afinal?! Adoro que a Mac passe a vida a desdenhar dele e depois ver que a atração entre eles gera energia elétrica suficiente para alimentar uma pequena cidade durante uma semana. Descobrir o que o Barrons é quase como uma regra de “noves fora”: ele não é humano mas não é Fairie, não é Sidhe-seer, não come UnSeelie e está todo cheio de tatuagens protetoras no corpo. Porque é que ele não abre o jogo?? Fico doente com estes mistérios (e adoro!!).
V’Lane volta a aparecer, da forma mais inconveniente possível, fazendo a Mac a viver uma situação agridoce quando está em Fairie. V’Lane também quer o livro e pouco mais sabemos além disso.
Ficamos a conhecer a Dani, e esta leva-a até à idosa que Mac tinha encontrado duas vezes no livro anterior: Rowena. Com ela ela aprende algo mais sobre a sua espécie mas não dá pulinhos de alegria para se juntar ao resto do bando (boa Mac!!") e abandonar o Barrons.
No fim Mac reencontra um velho inimigo que está MUITO chateado com ela e que a deixa num estado lastimável, pobrezinha.
O livro termina de uma forma semelhante ao primeiro, ou seja, num terrível cliffhanger que me dá vontade de começar a ler o próximo JÁ!
Se dúvidas tive quanto a esta série, Bloodfever anulou-as por completo. É divertida, dark, com tensão sexual q.b. Acima de tudo lê-se e entretém muito bem. Estou a gostar cada vez mais desta heroína. ( )
  tchetcha | Jan 15, 2015 |
Not really liking this series, there was a paper given on the transformation of Mac's identity post sexual assault at PCA in March that was very impressive, but I'm not liking the books all that much, unfotunately. ( )
  librarycatnip | Jan 12, 2015 |
Showing 1-5 of 97 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
And in short, I was afraid.
—T. S. Eliot/The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
Dedication
First words
All of us have our little problems and insecurities.
Quotations
It’s easy to think outside the box when life has dropped a two-ton elephant on yours.
Fire isn’t good or bad. It just burns.
Last words
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Book description


I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets. . . .

In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them.

Haiku summary

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440240999, Mass Market Paperback)


A Q&A with Karen Marie Moning

What inspired you to launch a new series? And what is the single greatest new twist in the Fever series that fans can expect to enjoy?
Inspiration is a kind word. I didn’t have a choice. It’s the story idea that came and wouldn’t go away. I think the single great­est new twist in the Fever series is that Mac is a continuing heroine, on a critical mission, who gets caught in a danger­ous love-lust triangle with two of the most seductive men I’ve written to date.

If you were casting the Fever series for television, who would be the ideal actress to play Mac. Why?
That’s a tough one. I don’t watch much television and what I do see is after the DVD’s have been released, so I’m woefully out of date. If backed to a wall I'd say Mac is one part George from Dead Like Me, one part Sara Pezzini from Witchblade and one part sweet southern belle who's being forced to discover there's steel under all that magnolia, after all.

You write vividly sexy scenes. You write thrilling suspense plots. Do you find any one part of crafting these novels more challenging than another?
I find them equally challenging. The suspense plots have to be tightly constructed and seamlessly interwoven through the five books of the Fever series, which makes for a lot to keep up with, what to reveal, what not to reveal, how and when. The sexy scenes are very intimate and I don’t shy away from detail, which demands both total immersion and separation of self to write. There are some "sexy" scenes in this series that are far more disturbing than seductive and those are among the most difficult to write. I hope if I'm squirming, wanting to rescue Mac, so is my reader.

Were you surprised at any point in the writing of Blood­fever—meaning did anything come up in the creative pro­cess that was not what you anticipated when you began Darkfever, the first novel in the series?
In Faefever, the third book of the series, Mac says: "Sometimes my dreams feel so real it's hard to believe they're just the subconscious's stroll across a whimsical map that has no true north. Sometimes it seems like Dreaming must be a land that really exists out there somewhere, at a concrete latitude and longitude, with its own rules, laws, treacherous terrains and dangerous inhabitants." (She later finds out The Dreaming does, indeed, exist.) I feel the same about the Fever world. It’s so complete to me, so vividly and exactingly detailed that I think it must really exist out there somewhere. Since the story came to me in toto, there have been very few, minor surprises.

If you could stand in a room with your heroes—the men from any of your novels—not just the Fever novels—who would you most like to interview yourself? Why? What of the women?
Men: The Unseelie King. He’s rumored to be a million years old. I want to know if he’s sorry.
Women: Queen Aoibheal. I want to know if she’s really for­gotten, or if she’s just pretending.

Describe your writing routine when composing the Fever novels.
The location varies but the schedule is the same. I write best in the morning when my subconscious is still simmering with images and metaphors from dreaming. I wrote Darkfeverin Georgia, and Bloodfever in Key West; all that sunshine was a nice counterpoint to the darkness of the story. I start early in the morning, usually around 4:30 or 5:00 and write until 11, break for a two-hour lunch and go back to it around 1. I use the afternoons to edit and work on other aspects of my busi­ness. Before I go to bed I block out the scene(s) I plan to write the next day so my subconscious can mull them over while I sleep.

When you aren’t writing your novels, what are you doing for fun? And what kinds of books or which authors are your favorites?
Lately a lot of lying in the sun—I’m still in Key West and I’m afraid Mac has rubbed off on me, or maybe it’s all the Jimmy Buffet they keep playing down here. Usually, however, I’m not so sedentary. I love to work out, hike, bike, rollerblade, shop with my sisters, and travel with my husband and our cat, Moonshadow. I don’t get nearly enough time to read. The most recent books I finished were the latest by Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Charlaine Harris, and an early Dan Simmons.

And can you share a little sneak peek at what’s coming after Bloodfever?
The darkest hour is before dawn. It isn’t dawn yet.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:35 -0400)

(see all 4 descriptions)

In Dublin the walls are coming down between Man and Faery. That means that the Buffy-like services of MacKayla Lane-the 22-year-old Georgia-born sidhe-seer (or one who can see the Fae) and slayer are required. Mac is determined to kick the nasties back to faeryland and to avenge her sister Alina's murder by the Fae's dark Lord Master. She's also seeking the sinister Sinsar Dubh, a book of black magic. Jericho Barrons, Mac's enigmatic protector, is a purveyor of books and antiquities (and of course, is a major hunk). As Mac takes direction from Jericho, she must resist the sexy dangers of V'lane, a death-by-sex Fae, and learn about her true family of Irish sidhe-seers.… (more)

(summary from another edition)

» see all 3 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
6 avail.
168 wanted
6 pay8 pay

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (4.18)
0.5 2
1 4
1.5 2
2 24
2.5 5
3 95
3.5 30
4 265
4.5 50
5 304

Audible.com

2 editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

See editions

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,930,516 books! | Top bar: Always visible