The Digital Film Event by Trinh T. Minh-Ha

The Digital Film Event

by Trinh T. Minh-Ha

7None1,138,814NoneNone
cataloged (1) film (1) media (1) oversize (1) theory (1) to-read (1)

No reviews

Endless travel in cyberspace, virtual reality, and the dream of limitless speed: technology changes our sense of self. In her new book, Trinh Minh-ha explores the way technology transforms our perception of reality.

"We are all engaged in social rituals in our daily activities, she writes, "and by remaining unaware of their artistic ritual propensity, we remain 'in conformity'." Her goal, as a thinker and an artist, is to transform our understanding of technology and speed so that we are able to "turn an instrument into a creative tool and to step out of the one-dimensional, technologically servile mind."

The paradox that "stillness contains speed within it" is central to Trinh's concept of the digital apparatus. With her signature amalgam of feminism, Eastern philosophy, and practical understanding of filmmaking, Trinh Minh-ha presents a much-needed advance in our concept of the real in a technological age.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:39 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,946,898 books! | Top bar: Always visible