At Home in Dry Creek by Janet Tronstad

At Home in Dry Creek

by Janet Tronstad

This was an enjoyable story to read. It is about a Sheriff, Carl Wall and a lady, Barbara Strong and her two kids she is raising. Her ex-husband is in jail and Sheriff Wall needs to keep an eye on her to make sure she isn't involved in any of her ex-husbands “jobs”. The scenarios with the Sheriff and Barbara’s 2 small children were just funny and adorable. He doesn't have a clue how to deal with them and some of the things he says and their reaction had me smiling and sometimes laughing out loud.

There is a lady, Mrs Hargrove, that shows up in each of these Dry Creek stories and I just love this lady and the way she works her magic in getting folks involved in church. She is a great lady and very discerning. Wish we had more ladies like her in churches everywhere; although I must say we are blessed to have a “Mrs. Hargrove” in our church, she just goes by a different name. This was just a light hearted romance, with a little bit of mystery and suspense mixed in. ( )
  judyg54 | Oct 25, 2012 |

When the snow comes down too fast, and the principal falls asleep and forgets to call the bus early, the kids at Pokeweed are snowed in and have the best day of their year.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,238,185 books! | Top bar: Always visible