The Boy who was Raised by Librarians by…

The Boy who was Raised by Librarians

by Carla Morris

Other authors: Brad Sneed (Illustrator)

This is a fun book about a kid who loves the library. There are three energetic librarians who are eager to help him find any information he's looking for. I think kids would enjoy this story and I plan to read it to my older elementary kids around the same week that we have the town librarian come present about summer programs. I think that would make a fun tie-in. ( )
  Tessa.Johnson | Mar 16, 2017 |
I enjoyed reading this story a lot and the ending even made me tear up a little bit! ( )
  Annabelleurb | Oct 26, 2016 |
Once I got past my disappointment that there wasn't the extra drama that there would have been if the title had been literally true, I liked this sweet, light story.

Now, I've never known a librarian quite as dedicated as any of these, or a children's room as well designed, but I'm sure they're out there. I just hope I find one, one of these days.

A sweet, light story.

The only issue I have with the book is that all too often the characters' noses are turned up just enough to make it look like they're smelling something nasty. Sorry for sharing, but it was annoying me. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Little Melvin likes how everything has its place in the library and he spends a lot of time there. The three female librarians assist him over the years, identifying bugs, preserving his baseball cards in archive-quality boxes, and glorying in his academic contest victories "because that's how librarians are." Melvin goes on to college but he still keeps in touch, and at story's end, we see he has become a librarian at his childhood library. Melvin is drawn as a blond Harry Potter...intentional or not?
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
50 months - books about books or kids who like books are always a hit. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |

Carla Morrisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sneed, BradIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
That's how librarians are. They just can't help it.

Melvin discovers that the public library is the place where he can find just about anything--including three librarians who help in his quest for knowledge.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,934,971 books! | Top bar: Always visible