Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants (2003)

by Emeril Lagasse

Cooking television host Emeril Lagasse presents a collection of recipe classics for a variety of occasions and courses, from cedar-planked redfish and smoked salmon cheesecake to eggs erato and grilled Florida pompano.

Apparently Emeril has Eight (8) different "kitchens", all but two have his name, but they are his none-the-less.

Here we go again: Presentation, all of the photos (16 double sided pages) are in the middle of the book, so if you see something that looks appetizing that you want to make, you have to hunt for the page of the corresponding recipe, which in my opinion, makes for a pain. In some cases the main recipe is on one page, but the companion to it is on the next page, which meant it took me a bit to locate the recipe (Brown sugar shortbread cookies) I specifically wanted.

The print is easy to read, the directions seem pretty clear to me, but I'm thinking, maybe I'm not going to take the time and might take "short-cuts". So it won't taste the same, but I'm never going to know the difference, and neither will anyone else who has never tasted the original dish made by Emeril himself. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,688,599 books! | Top bar: Always visible