The Franklin Affair by Ty Drago

The Franklin Affair

by Ty Drago

A satisfying historical fiction set in 1776 France. Despite a blurb on Drago's "Phobos" book, "The Franklin Affair" is Drago's actual first novel. Then again, I'm again getting that information from the book itself, and I do not doubt that I might somehow run across yet another "true" first novel at some point.

The book was set up to be the first in a series, and I am interested to see what type of man Henri grew into (if the series actually allowed the 16 year-old to age). Unfortunately, while the book says that the publishers hope to get Drago to write a sequel, no such sequel appears to have been published. "The Franklin Affair" has a copy-right date of 2000, and the copy I have was published in 2001. Six years and one science fiction book have past and no published sequel.

In the end, I gave the book a rating of 4.58, more because it involves a main or primary character in his teens, than for any other reason. Good characterization, good strong plot, good mystery (though I didn't actually realize I was reading a mystery until Franklin was charged with murder) and overall a pleasurable read. ( )
  MikeBriggs | Jun 29, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,336,505 books! | Top bar: Always visible