Why I Wore Lipstick: To My Mastectomy by…

Why I Wore Lipstick: To My Mastectomy (edition 2004)

by Geralyn Lucas

Member:shorelinemom
Title:Why I Wore Lipstick: To My Mastectomy
Authors:Geralyn Lucas
Info:St. Martin's Press (2004), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 224 pages
Tags:cancer

Why I Wore Lipstick: To My Mastectomy by Geralyn Lucas

English (2)  German (1)  All languages (3)
A funny book about a very unfunny subject, breast cancer. I read this when my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and I found it helpful to read about someone else who has gone through the same thing she was (having a mastectomy). ( )
  allthatglam | Aug 8, 2007 |
Interesting look at Breast Cancer and what it means to have a breast in the western world. Her decisions were brave and interesting.

Her fears about recurrance hit close to the bone while I'm waiting to see my oncologist later this month! ( )
  wyvernfriend | Sep 24, 2005 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031233446X, Paperback)

THE BASIS FOR THE LIFETIME ORIGINAL MOVIE!
Having recently graduated from Columbia Journalism School and landed her dream job at 20/20, the last thing 27-year-old Geralyn expects to hear is a breast cancer diagnosis. And there is one part of the diagnosis that no one will discuss with her: what it means to be a young girl with cancer in a beauty-obsessed culture. Trying to find herself, while losing her vibrancy and her looks, Geralyn embarks on a road to self-acceptance that will inspire all women. Although her book is explicitly about a period of time where she was driven by fear and uncertainty about the future, Geralyn managed a transformation that will encourage all women under siege to discover their own courage and beauty. The important and outrageous lessons of Why I Wore Lipstick come fast and furious with the same gusto that Geralyn has learned to bring to every moment of her life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:22 -0400)

"Sitting in the Gentleman's VIP Strip Club - the only woman there with her shirt on - Geralyn Lucas tries to blend in. It is her first time at a strip club and she has come to make the biggest decision of her life. Having recently graduated from Columbia Journalism School and landed her dream job at 20/20, the last thing twenty-seven-year-old Geralyn expects to hear is a breast cancer diagnosis. And there is one part of the diagnosis that no one will discuss with her: what it means to be a young girl with cancer in a beauty-obsessed culture." "Trying to find herself, while losing her vibrancy and her looks, Geralyn discovers a story of self-acceptance that will inspire all women. Although her book is explicitly about a period of time during which she was driven by fear and uncertainty about the future, Geralyn managed a transformation that will encourage all women under siege to discover their own courage and beauty. The important and outrageous lessons of Why I Wore Lipstick come fast and furious, with the same gusto Geralyn has learned to bring to every moment of her life."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,222,992 books! | Top bar: Always visible