Bebe Goes Shopping by Susan Middleton Elya

Bebe Goes Shopping

by Susan Middleton Elya

We go on an adventure with Mamá and Bebé to the supermarket and learn some Spanish while we're there. The Mother has a lot on her groceries list, but bebé seems to have only one thing on his mind: sweets. I really like the way Elya uses simple words and plays with rhyme. I can imagine how she might have used her three children and her experiences at the grocery store as an inspiration for this book. I honestly am not a fan of the illustrations. Yes, they follow the story but it feels almost like there's a lack of connection with the book. I've really enjoyed how other illustrators on Elya's books include the Spanish words into the illustrations and the flavor of Hispanic tales. I wonder if he has ever been exposed to Latino culture? This seems to be the only one of all his books where another culture is represented. ( )
  MonikaNicole | Feb 24, 2018 |
A child goes shopping with their mother. The baby explores the grocery store and the mother explains what things are. Child is not reprimanded for being curious rather his curiosity is encouraged.
age: 3-5
source: in class book share
  jazzmnM | Aug 18, 2017 |
bilingual Spanish book about a baby who goes shopping with his mother. Although he didn't sit still and grabbed a bunch of stuff, he was still rewarded. Do not put pressure on children to be "good", because messing up will traumatize them really badly. Let kids be kids, with reason. A baby can't be expected to sit like a doll when a grocery store is stimulating. Ages birth to 5
  AnaTeresaDones | Aug 16, 2017 |
This book has some Spanish words mixed into the story and translation in the end. The baby goes grocery shopping with his mom and keeps grabbing everything he see's until the mom gets cookies for him to stay occupied.
Ages: Pre School
Source: In class presentation
  gurkamal | Aug 14, 2017 |
Mother takes her very young baby to the grocery store. As the mother shops, the child explores the food and items around him - she tells him what everything is, and what is going on speaking English, with some Spanish words mixed in.

Ages : 4-7
Source: In Class Book Share ( )
  Jessica5858 | Jul 27, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152061428, Paperback)

A quick trip to the supermercado? Not with Bebe in the shopping cart. Just as Mama is ready to throw up her manos, she gives sweet Bebe a box of animal cookies. A dulce, at last! Then they're off to the checkout line, smiling all the way.

Includes a glossary of Spanish words.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:14 -0400)

Rhyming text describes a trip to the grocery store for a mama and her baby boy. Includes Spanish words.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,593,689 books! | Top bar: Always visible