Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Family Guide to Preventing and Treating 100 Infectious Illnesses
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0471000140, Paperback)Quick, friendly, and easy-to-use, this indispensable addition to every family medical bookshelf answers all your questions about 100 increasingly common infections--from Lyme disease, flu, and strep to ear infections, chicken pox, meningitis, and TB. The book explains symptoms, incubation periods, home nursing care, necessary treatment, and how to protect your family from illness. You can look up any infection by its common or medical name, the age of the patient, or the circumstances under which it is transmitted.
This comprehensive, detailed reference will give you:
* Facts on over-the-counter drugs and effective home remedies
* Advice on why and when your children need immunizations
* Information on the important differences in treating infants, children,and adults with the same infections
* Guidance on caring for family members with chronic illnesses who catch an infectious disease
* Phone numbers to call regarding specific diseases and their prevention
* Recommendations for protection during international travel and adoptions
"The Facts You need to Prevent Infections and Care for Those Who Have Them." --Ronald Gold, M.D., M.P.H.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:51 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.