Fundamentals of Astrodynamics (Dover Books…

Fundamentals of Astrodynamics (Dover Books on Aeronautical Engineering) (edition 1971)

by Roger R. Bate, Donald D. Mueller, Jerry E. White

198559,376 (3.95)2
Member:aa70
Title:Fundamentals of Astrodynamics (Dover Books on Aeronautical Engineering)
Authors:Roger R. Bate
Other authors:Donald D. Mueller, Jerry E. White
Info:Dover Publications (1971), Edizione: 1, Paperback, 455 pagine
Rating:*****
Tags:coll.ingl.89u7

Fundamentals of Astrodynamics by Roger R. Bate (Author)

Recently added byprivate library, quantum326, kpevjen, Steven-Dierks, Avedomni, stunes

English (4)  Italian (1)  All languages (5)
This book saved me more than once, when I needed specific math for orbital mechanics, and any number of other things. I often have to remind myself that this was meant as a textbook. It's one of the best out there (or at least it was, when I was using it) for a clear understanding of how things work way out there.

It has a permanent place on my bookshelf.

I also see that there will be a new edition out on April 16th. I'm so very torn by this. I'm retired, and yet... I really want it. ( )
  Lyndatrue | Mar 18, 2014 |
I always wanted to be an astronaut, so I figured I'd start educating myself. Who knows, one day space might open up and become accessible to the private sector; maybe I can find a gig as a flight dynamics officer. Anways, old but good. This book contains an excellent introduction to the physics, physical environment, and if I recall right, touches on some programming topics for the space environment. ( )
1 vote kislam | Nov 28, 2009 |
Essential if you need to learn the mathematical basis for space navigation. This was (still is?) a text for the Air Force Academy. If you ever want to write a science fiction game navigational computer, enjoy! ( )
  wyrdchao | Aug 18, 2007 |
The good: It's cheap. The bad: It doesn't use SI units. Grrr.
  benmartin79 | Mar 7, 2007 |

Bate, Roger R.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mueller, Donald D.Authormain authorall editionsconfirmed
White, Jerry E.Authormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Teaching text developed by U.S. Air Force Academy and designed as a first course emphasizes the universal variable formulation. Develops the basic two-body and n-body equations of motion; orbit determination; classical orbital elements, coordinate transformations; differential correction; more. Includes specialized applications to lunar and interplanetary flight, example problems, exercises. 1971 edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:45 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,430,090 books! | Top bar: Always visible