Firetalking by Patricia Polacco

Firetalking

by Patricia Polacco

Other authors: Lawrence Migdale (Photographer)

Series: Meet the Author

It is a nice picture book full of real photos of Polacco and her family. Things that you read about in this books, you will see in a photo instead of a drawing. That part was nice to me. Beside, the language is easy to understand and there are some humors around Polacco’s words. I think she must be a woman who is kind, fascinated, peaceful. Firetalking describes her family and her work. But in this book you will not feel anything literary or formal, it seems like just someone who is talking her own story in a very, very gentle circumstance. It makes me feel relax, meanwhile, I am able to learn so much about her like her important books, her attitude towards her work, etc. as well.
Biography: Its own definition: bio=life, graphy=writing. This specialized variety of nonfiction writing focuses on the lives of human beings- usually, people who are famous. ( )
  JCHEN16 | Mar 6, 2017 |
this book is about Patricia Polacco's life, from when she was a young girl to her later years. The book talks about her family and her grandparents. This book helped me get to know Polacco better. It also helped me write the bibliography for my author brochure. ( )
  ccampeaux | Mar 31, 2016 |
Patricia Polacco writes an autobiography of her life in the book, Firetalking. Polacco describes her life and traditions her family had when she was a young girl. She continues on to talk about her life now that she is a grown adult. Polacco describes how she writes and illustrates stories and what a normal day looks like in her life. This was a very interesting book. I did not know it was going to be an autobiography when I first read the title. I liked this book and truly enjoyed learning about her life. One thing I loved was the photographs that were included on each page. Some of the pictures are from her life when she was younger and some are pictures of her now. I thought that was interesting and definitely important to include. Another thing I liked was the way she talked about her friends and family. Polacco says that she incorporates her friends and family in her children’s books. She gave examples of who she included in which book. I thought that was a fun way to allow your audience to get to know you even better. I think it also makes the books better because there are real-life experiences in there that the reader can learn from. The big idea or message in this book was to teach the reader about her life and how far she has come. ( )
  AnneJohnson | Apr 14, 2015 |
Once again Patricia Polacco shares an amazing story with readers, her own. Polacco writes about what inspires her, her own life, her family, her books, her illustrations, and more. This book inspires readers to want to read all of Polacco's books. ( )
  marabie | Oct 14, 2014 |
Firetalking is an autobiography about Patricia Polacco, written by Polacco. This is a good information book if you want to introduce an author. This book was helpful in my paper about Patricia Polacco. ( )
  aloupe | Feb 26, 2014 |

Patricia Polaccoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Migdale, LawrencePhotographersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

An autobiography of the well-known author and illustrator.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,001,932 books! | Top bar: Always visible