Hungry, Hungry Sharks by Joanna Cole

Hungry, Hungry Sharks

by Joanna Cole

I read this book to my two and a half year old grandson because he has a favorite great white shark shirt (which I bought him!). In addition, he said he's no longer afraid of the two sharks (stuffed animals) that I have in my house. He was very eager to learn about the different kinds of sharks and what distinguishes each species (e.g. the whale shark is gentle, the great white shark is the most dangerous). I did feel I had to tone down the danger element a bit because of my grandson's age, but I do know that this book was intended for older children (i.e. beginning readers). Nevertheless, I found this book fun to read and very informational. I very much liked this book's colorful and detailed illustrations (although it seemed other readers wanted photographs instead). ( )
  SqueakyChu | Mar 29, 2016 |
Did you know there were sharks on earth before there were dinosaurs? Learn amazing facts about sharks.
  KilmerMSLibrary | May 13, 2014 |
This book is showing its age: the colored pencil illustrations are not as captivating to children today, except for the most diehard shark fans. The content is still valid, and interesting, but the pictures would be hard-pressed to hold attention, and it does not touch on the dire situation many sharks are facing from a conservation standpoint. This book would be excellent for guided reading circles (an adult could keep the children focused on the content), and newly independent readers would be proud to read it out loud to any audience.
  hcurrey | Jan 18, 2013 |
This book aroused my interest in sharks. I could learn about sharks. Each sentence is short and easy to read, and each page has picture. ( )
  harusan | Jul 4, 2010 |
Text provides basic information on shark habitat, feeding habits, and community. Writing style and vocabulary make this a good choice for an newly independent reader. Illustrations are helpful in showing the features and size of various sharks. ( )
  MrsBond | Apr 6, 2009 |

Did you know that there were sharks on earth even before dinosaurs? For more than twenty years, Hungry, Hungry Sharks! has been a staple nonfiction title in the Step into Reading line. Nothing is more exciting than sharks, and this title is packed with amazing facts about these fearsome underseas predators. And now it’s even more exciting, with dynamic new cover art to attract a whole new generation of early readers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:26 -0400)

A simple discussion of the kinds of sharks and their behaviour.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,135,828 books! | Top bar: Always visible