Just Me and My Mom (A Little Critter Book)…

Just Me and My Mom (A Little Critter Book) (1990)

by Mercer Mayer

Just Me and My Mom is a story about Little Critter and his mom spending the day together in the cities. They take a train to the cities, and Little Critter forgets to hold onto his ticket, so his mom has to spend more money in order for him to ride the train with his mom. The day is filled with Little Critter messing up a lot, but his mother forgives him every time. She may give him a look, but she never raises her voice to him. He learns a lot of lessons, but he especially loves that he just gets to be with his mom. In all of the illustrations there is a little frog that goes on the adventures with them. Children can play a game to see where he is at all times. This is fun for children, and it will certainly keep them entertained throughout the story. ( )
  rharrington30 | Nov 29, 2015 |
"Just Me and My Mom," is a book of a child and a mothers trip to the city. It is a story of a mother and son going into the city. The son makes many mistakes. For example he looses the train tickets, so his mother always comes to the rescue, in this example buying new tickets. This would be a book to use with younger elementary students. It has a goo message that everyone makes mistakes. It is also can be easy for children to relate to a day spent with mom. This book is in a series so the illustrations form off of that small critter character. These books sent relatable messages for young children to get attached to, ( )
  JTansom | Nov 28, 2015 |
37 months - O always likes these. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
This heartwarming novel will allow you to be enthralled with a mother and son spending the day together. When you read this picture book, you are taken into a mother and son going throughout the day enjoying eachothers company. I would read this book to a group of 4-6 year olds because I feel as though they would love telling stories of spending the day with their mother. ( )
  mbabst | May 4, 2015 |
Somehow I never minded reading these over and over again to my kids. I guess because LC is just a little naughty/ impulsive, but also lovable, w/good intentions. Something like Ramona Quimby, Clementine, and my kids. I'm not sure I was always as patient as LC's mom, though.... ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 030712584X, Paperback)

Mercer Mayer's popular Little Critter enjoys a special day in the city with his mother. Little Critter means well, but he gets himself in trouble all along the way. His mother is oh so patient when Critter loses the train tickets, picks up a dinosaur egg in the natural history museum, and misbehaves at lunch. In spite of his difficulties, Little Critter falls asleep happily on the train going home, exhausted from the big outing with his mother.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:59 -0400)

Little critter and his mother take a trip to the city exploring the department stores and museums.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,000,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible