Just Me and My Mom (A Little Critter Book)…

Just Me and My Mom (A Little Critter Book) (1990)

by Mercer Mayer

This heartwarming novel will allow you to be enthralled with a mother and son spending the day together. When you read this picture book, you are taken into a mother and son going throughout the day enjoying eachothers company. I would read this book to a group of 4-6 year olds because I feel as though they would love telling stories of spending the day with their mother. ( )
  mbabst | May 4, 2015 |
Somehow I never minded reading these over and over again to my kids. I guess because LC is just a little naughty/ impulsive, but also lovable, w/good intentions. Something like Ramona Quimby, Clementine, and my kids. I'm not sure I was always as patient as LC's mom, though.... ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
This was probably one of my favorite books I have read so far! It is such a cute little story about a little boy and his mom spending the day together and all the obstacles they overcome. Being a young child and being curious, causes the little boy to sometimes get himself in trouble, but that doesn't stop the two from having a great day together! For example, the young boy was given the money to buy the train ticket, but could not find the tickets when the conductor came around for them. This could have been the end to a great day, yet instead the mother pays for the train ride again and their adventures continue.
I thoroughly enjoyed all the curiosities of the young boy in both the aquarium and the museums! It shows just how innocent young children are, but how they sometimes step over the boundaries and break the rules while trying to learn. For example, the child putting on the costumes of the exhibits in the museum! I think it is great that the story is geared towards the interests and thought processes of young children.
The only thing I found to be districting in this story was some of the pictures. For the most part the pictures were large and colorful, grabbing the attention of the reader. However, on some pages there was just too much going on which was taking away from the focus of the story and catching the eyes of the reader instead. This was particularly distracting in the city scenes. ( )
  lriver5 | Feb 9, 2015 |
This is a story about a critter who spends the day with his mother. I absolutely love books by Mercer Mayer. I remember reading this book as a child. The illustrations are great and it is easy for a young child to read. This book is great for a young child because it is rather short and will grasp their attention because it is easy for a young child to relate to the story. I highly recommend this book to an early reader! ( )
1 vote ChelseaHopton | Oct 10, 2012 |
Mercer Mayer's popular Little Critter enjoys a special day in the city with his mother. Little Critter means well, but he gets himself in trouble all along the way. His mother is oh so patient when Critter loses the train tickets, picks up a dinosaur egg in the natural history museum, and misbehaves at lunch. In spite of his difficulties, Little Critter falls asleep happily on the train going home, exhausted from the big outing with his mother.
  clwalker | Jun 13, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 030712584X, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:59 -0400)

Little critter and his mother take a trip to the city exploring the department stores and museums.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,931,071 books! | Top bar: Always visible