Just Shopping with Mom (A Golden Look-Look…

Just Shopping with Mom (A Golden Look-Look Book)

by Mercer Mayer

I liked this book. I love Mercer Mayer’s drawing of the critter creatures. She hides things in some of the books, sometimes it’s a grasshopper, sometimes it’s a spider, in this one there was a mouse on every page. It’s fun after you read and look at the picture to try and find the hidden thing. The illustrations showed how bad the sister was acting and how that made the mom and brother feel. The theme of the book is to follow directions. Every time the sister didn’t follow instructions and be patient. The little sister got in trouble and the owner of the grocery store was really mad. The big brother was trying to be patient with his sister and in the end he was rewarded with ice cream. The big idea is to follow instructions and be patient. ( )
  torilynae | Oct 5, 2014 |
In my opinion this is a very cute and relatable book. I liked that it was in first person point of view and that it was being told by an older sibling. I am the oldest child in my family, therefore, I was able to relate to the book to things my younger siblings have done that have made my mom mad. For example, while at the grocery story my little brother knocked over a stack of soup cans just like the younger sister knocked over the paper towels in the story. I think that stories that children can relate to are always more interesting and enjoyable to read. I also liked the illustrations and how the author used personification. By making the characters all different types of animals and having them do things that we humans do, like going food shopping and eating ice cream, the author makes the story much more interesting and fun for younger children. I think the central message of the story is that it is important to always listen to your parents and behave well in public places. ( )
  acasca1 | Sep 20, 2013 |
Little sister seems to want just about everything she sees when she goes out shopping with mom.
  clwalker | Jun 13, 2012 |
Little Critter goes shopping with his mom, and little sister causes some trouble. Sometimes shopping with children can be a hassle, and the kids often don't realize that their behavior causes so much trouble. This is a good book to use to discuss what behavior in a store is improper. ( )
  hvachetta | Oct 16, 2011 |
This book can be useful on a manners unit. It can teach children how not to act when they go into stores with family members. ( )
  Brittjj | Jul 26, 2011 |

Little Critter goes shopping with his mother and little sisters for groceries and other things.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,470,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible