Just Shopping with Mom (A Golden Look-Look…

Just Shopping with Mom (A Golden Look-Look Book)

by Mercer Mayer

487None20,981 (3.54)None

In my opinion this is a very cute and relatable book. I liked that it was in first person point of view and that it was being told by an older sibling. I am the oldest child in my family, therefore, I was able to relate to the book to things my younger siblings have done that have made my mom mad. For example, while at the grocery story my little brother knocked over a stack of soup cans just like the younger sister knocked over the paper towels in the story. I think that stories that children can relate to are always more interesting and enjoyable to read. I also liked the illustrations and how the author used personification. By making the characters all different types of animals and having them do things that we humans do, like going food shopping and eating ice cream, the author makes the story much more interesting and fun for younger children. I think the central message of the story is that it is important to always listen to your parents and behave well in public places. ( )
  acasca1 | Sep 20, 2013 |
Little sister seems to want just about everything she sees when she goes out shopping with mom.
  clwalker | Jun 13, 2012 |
Little Critter goes shopping with his mom, and little sister causes some trouble. Sometimes shopping with children can be a hassle, and the kids often don't realize that their behavior causes so much trouble. This is a good book to use to discuss what behavior in a store is improper. ( )
  hvachetta | Oct 16, 2011 |
This book can be useful on a manners unit. It can teach children how not to act when they go into stores with family members. ( )
  Brittjj | Jul 26, 2011 |
Just Shopping with Mom is a Mercer Mayer book that is so cute. Mercer Mayer books are a great book collection to get. They are great books on a 1st or 2nd grade reading level. The pictures are also really cute too. This book is about the mom, brother, and sister going to the grocery store. Brother and sister fight and they make a huge mess in the store. Kids will get a kick out of this book and really enjoy it!! Great collection of books to have as well!!
  Aecape | Oct 20, 2009 |

Little Critter goes shopping with his mother and little sisters for groceries and other things.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,486,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible