Who Swallowed Harold?: And Other Poems about…

Who Swallowed Harold?: And Other Poems about Pets

by Susan Pearson

811 (1) animal (1) animals (4) bow wow meow oink! (1) dogs (1) faith (1) fiction (1) gr k-5 (1) Grades 1-3 (1) Grades K-3 (1) guinea pigs (1) humor (1) humorous (1) iguana (1) k-3 (3) pets (6) picture book (2) poetry (12) rhyme (1) rhyming (1) silly (1) to-read (3) YHBA (1) YHBA-2007-08 (1)

"Who Swallowed Harold?" is filled with goofy animal poems that vary in length and reading level. My favorite is "Do Goldfish Pee?" I cracked up over this poem, so I know many young readers would as well. I think that this could be used as a reward or something to I could use to close my lessons. I remember when I was in second or third grade, my teachers would say, "If you all are quiet and we get done all the work we have planned for today, I will read a story out of Chicken Soup for the Soul." We all made sure we remind quiet and stayed focus in the hopes of having a chapter read to us at the end of class. Some of these poems are very still, so I think to use it at the end of a lesson would be the best option. ( )
  rmwinter | Apr 30, 2017 |
This is a poetry book about pets. Some are sad and some are funny. There are all different types of pets in this poetry book. It is filled with rhymes and consonance. I think the voice of these poems are narrative. It is someone else telling the story of these pets. ( )
  knbenson6584 | Nov 7, 2016 |
This book is composed of a collection of poetry about pets. Many of the poems have rhyme in them. All of the poems are about pets. The animals range from cats and dogs to iguanas and guinea pigs. All of the poems were very fun to read. The words were very easy, therefore beginning readers should not have a problem with this book. The illustrations were very basic, but they fit with each poem. I would read this book to my students when talking about poetry. ( )
  jpons | Nov 9, 2014 |
Who Swallowed Harold? is a collection of poems about pets. The poems are very humorous and silly. One poem asks the questions "Do goldfish pee?" and then the asker finds himself fearing how much pee is in the sea. While that is the silliest of the bunch, all of the poems keep the reader giggling from beginning to end. ( )
  mdgilmor | Nov 23, 2012 |
This book has poems about pets. It starts with a poem about wanting a pet. Then it has poems about the different types of pets anyone could have. The poems talks about the different personalities each pet have. ( )
  dvnguye5 | Mar 19, 2012 |

Eighteen poems about pets.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible