Alpha Bravo Charlie: The Military Alphabet…

Alpha Bravo Charlie: The Military Alphabet (2005)

by Chris L. Demarest

I've always wanted to learn the military alphabet. This book does a great job ! ( )
  iamryancorcoran | Apr 6, 2015 |
Because we are a military family, I thought this would be a great way to introduce my children to words they often hear their daddy say. It is always funny to my 9 year old when her dad spells things out using the military alphabet. This brightly colored picture book really gave her an easy tangible look at his "language". As a plus, each statement used alliteration to really drive the sound and word home for your hearing and understanding. ( )
  KMClark | Jul 17, 2014 |
Using words to represent each letter of the alphabet is called the International Communications Alphabet (ICA). This alphabet is used by the United Stated Armed Forces. Of course since I am militray I thought this would be a good book to share to my furture students and children. I say this because I think it would be a great way to tell the kids about me and make them want to open up more.
  Tryante | Nov 26, 2012 |
This is a different approach to the alphabet, and it is very interesting. Kids seem to love to learn new things that relate to things they already understand. And every page of this book is filled with amazing, colorful paintings. I really enjoed this book.
  macfly_17 | Nov 22, 2008 |

Using words to represent each letter of the alphabet is called the International Communications Alphabet (ICA). This alphabet is utilized by the United States military and throughout all civil aviation to clarify and strengthen communications.

Complete with the signal flags that the United States Navy has created to give each letter a color-coded shape, Chris Demarest's dynamic alphabet book honors the men and women who have served, are serving, or will serve in our armed forces -- and will thoroughly engage young

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:28 -0400)

An alphabet book about words used by the United States military.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,619,836 books! | Top bar: Always visible