Robots Rising (Redfeather Chapter Book) by…

Robots Rising (Redfeather Chapter Book)

by Carol Sonenklar

192537,190 (4)None

Despite being a bit dated, this books is still informational and relevant in the are of robotics. The text was engaging and easy to understand and serves as an adequate introduction to late twentieth century robotics. The illustrations and images were a bit unfortunate and I felt like they didn't enhance the reading or give good visuals about what the robots might look like. Overall, a good STEM book. The organization by types of robot or their function, with anecdotal introductions should appeal to older elementary school students. Also good for school reports. ( )
  LoisHaight | Mar 17, 2014 |
This book is a good way to study robots. It has stories about robots famous or not. It has a guide on robots and what they're used for. Robots can fight, capture pictures from Mars, collect volcanic rock and locate earthquake victims. The capabilities of these robots are much higher than a mind storm robots. I was surprised that robots could work together.
I think this is the best non-fiction ever. I loved this book and I think you would too. This made me respect robots more than before. I learned that robots can do a lot more things than us, good thing we control them. ( )
  SoccerDude | Oct 27, 2010 |

Scientists are using robo-insects to study insect behavior. Meet robo-roach-the bionic bug.

The days of industrial-looking robots with mechanical voices and dome-shaped heads are long gone. Today, a robot might crawl up your arm, locate a hidden land mine, detect cracks in nuclear storage silos, serve appetizers, or chat with you about tennis.

In this intriguing book filled with photographs and detailed illustrations, young readers are introduced to the new generation of robots: there's Mini Andros who defuses bombs, Wanda the robopike--a fish robot who studies the behavior of aquatic mammals--and Aesop 3000, a voice-controlled robotic arm that helps doctors perform invasive surgery. These are just a few of the astonishing robotic creations that are helping us learn more about our world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:32 -0400)

Simple text and illustrations describe technological advancements in the field of robotics.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,431,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible