Operation Bassinet by Joyce Sullivan

Operation Bassinet

by Joyce Sullivan

(I read this in the British version which is titled "Operation Cradle".)

I think that this book must be one of a series, although the edition which I read didn't make that explicit, because I did get the feeling that I was missing out on some back story. This didn't destroy the plot for me but I did think that there should have been a bit more detail in a few places.

Mitch is sent to break it to Stef that the child she has been bringing up from birth is not her child but has been swapped at birth with the child of a very rich family who has now been kidnapped. It is quite a clever storyline although it is all wrapped up in a very predictable way. I did find it more than a bit difficult to believe that any legal system would remove a child from the parent with whom it grew up to return it to a biological parent without some access or joint custody arrangement being made - it was a fine threat for the plot but reality would have been much more complicated.

This is instant gratification reading - whilst the book is in front of you it occupies the mind but there is nothing to remember when you turn away. Nothing remarkable and rather shallow - there are many better light romances. ( )
  AnneHudson | Mar 2, 2013 |
Stef, a single mother, discovered after 2-1/2 years that her daughter had been switched at birth with an heiress of millions. ( )
  rphalliburton | Jan 12, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,453,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible