Firebears, the Rescue Team by Rhonda Gowler…

Firebears, the Rescue Team

by Rhonda Gowler Greene

192461,408 (3.3)1

Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Mar 21, 2017 |
a team of bears are firefighters and go around the town helping with different tasks that need help (fight fires, gets a cat out of a tree)
  TUCC | Nov 7, 2016 |
Summary
This is a rhyming book about busy fire fighter bears. In a fun way it tells about fire fighters and their daily duties and how they are always brave and to the rescue. It shows them preforming task as easy as doing the dishes to rescuing other bears from burning buildings.
Personal reaction
This book is one of my favorites to read to my son. Is flowing rhymes are fun to read and more it easy to engage with him. The illustrations are super fun as well!
Extension Ideas
This book can help ECE age children see what fire fighters do in a way they can understand and really engage with. Its shows them that fire fighters are there to protect them and the rest of there town. This book can be a way to introduce fire safety.
  christa15 | Jun 30, 2014 |
Fire Bears is about bears that are firefighters that are called on different rescue missions in their town and the whole team cheers for them as they save the members of their town.

I liked this book and so did my son. It gives the children a small glimpse of what firefighters and the appreciation we need to have for the firefighters.

I would have my class right thank you cards to the firefighters of our community and give them to the firefighters. I would also read this book to the class before we take a field trip to the firehouse to see the firefighters. ( )
  lynny_nicole | Sep 20, 2009 |

DING-LING-LING!
Through the hole.
Hurry, slip-slide down the pole!

Who are the rescue heroes of Fire Station Number Eight? The Firebears!

Sound the siren, grab the hoses, stretch those ladders. Rescue! With Firebears on the job, no blaze is too big to brave-it's all in a day's work. So put on your fire hat and come for a ride with the fearless rescue crew of Fire Station Number Eight.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:19 -0400)

Always ready to fight fires, the Firebears of Fire Station Number Eight slide down poles, rescue cats, and save people from burning houses.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,933,198 books! | Top bar: Always visible