Pink Satin by Jennifer Greene

Pink Satin

by Jennifer Greene

131723,089 (4)None

Pink Satin was a quick, heartwarming romance. The book remained lighthearted and fun even in the face of more serious topics like insecurities and a potential stalker, both of which I usually find tedious and annoying. Greene is a wonderful writer and I will definitely be returning to her books since I enjoyed this one so much. Her writing style made the book flow very easily but it was the voices she gave her characters that drew me in.

The chemistry between Greer and Ryan was tangible, very satisfying to read about. It was easy to picture the two of them as my neighbors and their romance actually playing out. The craziness to their situation and the circumstances of the relationship only added to the believability. Greer keeps receiving creepy phone calls from The Breather and to alleviate her fear, she seeks out company. Enter Ryan, a new neighbor, who ends up sprawled across Greer's robe clad body then somehow talks his way into her apartment for dinner so that he can protect her. A normal beginning, their situation is certainly not but it fits them perfectly. Ryan was a very sexy hero and not just because of his looks. His protective and caring nature are what made me find him delicious. What woman wouldn't love a man who played chess in the apartment's hall to calm her down, stormed into her apartment whenever he heard the phone ring to protect her or carried her cat about between apartments even though he dubbed it his nemesis just to keep her happy?

There was a slight plot to Pink Satin other than the romance. It definitely took the backseat but it was still interesting and held my attention. It was also well integrated into the romance, they never felt like separate entities.

See my blog for quotes and my thoughts as I read: http://bitten-books.blogspot.com/2011/03/early-review-pink-satin-by-jennifer.htm... ( )
  asterravos | Mar 4, 2011 |

With the figure of a sex symbol and a career as a lingerie executive, Greer Lothrop is used to attracting more than her fair share of male attention. After years of unwanted stares, she is far more comfortable playing mother hen than femme fatale. She's shocked when there's nothing motherly about the feelings her new neighbor, engineer Ryan McCullough, arouses in her. She's never been attracted to a man of such raw sexuality before. What is it about Ryan that has her confiding in him--and falling into his arms--within hours of meeting?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,296,063 books! | Top bar: Always visible