For Her Pleasure by Maya Banks

For Her Pleasure

by Maya Banks

203557,794 (3.57)None
Recently added byTricialenht, private library, SMRoss327, megl5433, dayumlizdx

I gave up on this book. Just couldn't get into it. The characters seemed flat, the plot wasn't intriguing, and the sex seemed gratuitous. I'm all for a good sex scene - but I have to care for the characters first. ( )
  LLRobinett | Jan 29, 2017 |
I enjoyed these three erotic stories but little things didn't sit right. I was troubled by Kit asking to be submissive to Mac and Ryder under the circumstances. Then Ryder's behavior got repetitive. Lastly, it seemed unbelievable who Mia and Jack called for help considering his job.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Well, the narrative was scorching. The blurb on the back cover does not mirror the story set-up. However, you can easily get caught up in the stories. There were times I found myself blushing. I would recommend this book for anyone who wants to read hot scenes, but does not have issues when facts don't line up or plot lines are not fleshed out. I was ready to read about the sex trade in south Texas, which is very prominent, but, instead, we find out Mia was tricked into it, not investigating it.

I'm glad Maya Banks delved into the male characters' feelings and the reader could see how much they truly cared for Kit and Mia, respectively. Even though the men were interested in S&M, they refused to do anything without consent. Nevertheless, the novel was adequate and certainly better than the bodice-ripping novels that so frequently populate the bookstore. ( )
  Catherine_Dickson | Mar 28, 2013 |
Reviewed by: Eve
Book provided by: Purchased
Review originally posted at Romance After Dark, a Romancing the Book site

I’ve had this book sitting on my bookshelf for years. I bought it because I’ve enjoyed some of Ms Banks other books, namely Colters’ Woman. As we begin to set up this new blog, I figured I’d tackle some of these books I own, but never found the time to read.
To start off, the blurb on this book is a little misleading. What the reader doesn’t know when getting this book is that the story is actually broken into the novellas. Each can kinda stand on their own, but they are definitely connected and should be read in order. The first two novellas are about the Kit-Ryder-Mac triangle and the last is Mia and Jack. Mia gets introduced in the second story as Ryder’s friend.
So let’s start with Kit, Ryder and Mac. The three grew up together and then the boys left town after high school to well, grow up. But they left Kit behind. When this story starts, they’re all back in their small town in Texas and Kit is recovering from rape and is being stalked by her unknown assailant. The three friends, who have each secretly been wanting and loving each other (well, except for Ryder and Mac… they’re just friends… there’s no m/m action in the book), decide they’re going to enter into a threesome.
A couple things had me shaking me head. First was the mystery of the rapist. I thought it was too obvious for me as a reader. There weren’t enough characters introduced for it not to be glaring. And even though I know that Kit was traumatized by the event, it just seemed rather hard to believe that she didn’t recognize his voice when he would call or his handwriting on the notes. But, as I said, she was affected by the event. Which brings me to point number two. This book is taking place about 6 months following the rape and I found that Kit was pretty darn trusting . I know that Ryder and Mac are her two best friends and men she’s known and trusted for much of her life, but at the same time I would just think that she’d have more issues about what was going on in the bedroom with these two dominant men.
Novella one is about the three getting together and Mac and Kit declaring love. Novella two, which is pretty much ignored in the blurb, probably because it could spoil things, is about Ryder trying to come to grips with the fact that he really loves Kit but doesn’t want to come between her and Mac, but also can’t continue their threesome. Obviously they have things to work out and Ms Banks throws in a couple twists and turns since the road to a happy ending can’t be simple.
And then novella three is about Mia and Jack. Mia was Ryder’s shoulder to cry on during the second novella and now we get her story. This is where the blurb is really wonky for me. It talks about her working undercover and disappearing girls… well, it didn’t happen. Yes, she was framed for drug possession and in return for not going to jail she ended up working in a strip joint and as the story progresses, it goes downhill from there. She was blackmailed into being there. And not until they’re breaking up this sex-slave ring is it mentioned that Mia wasn’t the first to be duped. Jack is a Texas Ranger who disappeared the night after he and Mia first made love and now he’s back. She’s never gotten over him and surprisingly (to me at least) when he comes knocking on her door two years later, she welcomes him with open arms.
I had several problems with this story. First, it wasn’t long enough. There was a lot that could have been explored and expanded on. In particular was the trust issue. I think Mia trusted Jack way too easily after being abandoned two years prior. And then Ms Banks alluded to the fact that Jack was a Dom, but outside of a scene where it was mostly for show, it wasn’t explored. And then due to the length, everything was wrapped up in a tidy bow was too soon.
What saved this book for me were the steamy sex scenes. Ms Banks does know how to write a good menage… and the one on one scenes were enjoyable as well. But when putting these scenes in context with the book as a whole, I found them a little harder to believe. And mixed in with all the emotions that are explored (particularly within the men), it was smoking.
I really wanted to like this book. But, as you can tell I had some issues with it. This is one of Ms Banks earlier novels and I think it showed in this book. But I do enjoy her books, so I won’t be giving up on her any time soon. ( )
  RtB | Nov 6, 2012 |
**Courtesy of CK2S Kwips & Kritiques**

Popular e-book author Maya Banks brings her imagination and writing skill to the mass public with her very first NY release, For Her Pleasure! Readers of digital books have long had a place for Banks on their auto-buy lists, and it is very exciting to see a writer whose work you admire so much advance to the next level in their career. I have no doubt that the fans born of this new publication will soon be searching out her previous works while awaiting her next NY release.

In this collection of three connected stories, Banks does what she does oh so well – ménage. The first two stories focus on the same three characters, and their evolving relationship together. The third story sees these three in a supporting role as a character we met in the second story stars as the heroine, introducing a new male lead as her hero.

~What She Wants~

Kit, Mac, and Ryder have been best friends since they were kids, but as they matured into adulthood, they began to want more from each other. Kit knows her two male friends have long indulged in that most erotic of female fantasies – ménage, with both men pleasuring one woman. She dreams of experiencing sensual heights with the only two men in the world she will ever trust. Mac and Ryder are all too willing to give Kit what she wants, but Mac wants much more from Kit than she is prepared for…

The first story in this collection kicks it off with a bang! Not only do we have some pretty explosive love scenes between Kit, Mac and Ryder, but the story is rife with suspense and danger as Kit is stalked by the man who raped her just six months earlier. As policeman Mac and bad boy Ryder work as a team to protect her and uncover the identity of her attacker, the attraction between Kit and the two men ramps up to a fever pitch. In addition to the intense sexuality in this story, Banks infuses a hefty dose of love as two friends finally admit what they’ve really felt for each other all of these years.

~What She Needs~

Kit and Mac are finally a couple, with their best friend Ryder joining them for the occasional threesome. But having taken a step back to allow Mac and Kit to be together, Ryder now realizes his feelings for Kit lean more towards everlasting romantic love than the simple friendship he thought before. While he doesn’t begrudge his friends their happiness, he finds it harder and harder to be near Kit and not be able to claim her for his own...

Just when we think the story of this threesome is finished, Banks returns to it immediately showing the aftermath of what happens when Mac and Kit’s relationship turns serious and Ryder begins to realize he feels more for Kit than even he ever suspected. His anguish is very real as he tries to do the right thing and step away from his friends so they can be happy together. But as he backs off, the pain he causes both of his friends is more than they can bear, until they all realize they must find a solution that can make them all happy for the long haul.

~What She Craves~

Long ago, Mia Malone loved Jack Kincaid with everything she had, enjoying one night of perfect passion – right before he disappeared without a trace. Now she’s reluctantly working as a stripper and he’s back in her life, and not one bit happy about her stripping career. But Mia isn’t exactly working as a dancer by choice – she has been blackmailed into it, and things are about to get much worse from her. Unless Jack can save her in time, he’ll lose her again just when he has finally found her!

Unlike the first two stories, the last stars a different couple, Jack and Mia, who are connected to the first trio through Mia’s friendship with Ryder. Although this story focuses on Jack and Mia, our friends from the other tales make and appearance as they help the couple in their most dire hour.

Jack is a Dominant to top all Dominants, and he is reluctant to consummate his love for Mia out of fear that his needs will be too much for the inexperienced young woman. In the very beginning of the story, she breaks through his defenses easily, but is left out in the cold when his job takes him away without warning.

In his absence, Mia finds herself the victim of a scam that leaves her in a much more precarious position than even she realizes. An affable person, she makes the best of her situation, while retaining as much of her dignity and morals as possible. Having resigned herself to the situation, she doesn’t believe even Jack can pull her out of it until things turn far more dangerous than she could ever imagine. The danger they face together rebuilds her trust in Jack faster than might otherwise have been possible, paving the way for a very happy ending to this exciting book!

nashjar | Feb 11, 2008 |
ISBN 9780425217 - There are three different books and authors with this ISBN.
For Her Pleasure by Maya Banks
The Harlequin by Laurell K. Hamilton
Unnatural Selection by Aaron J. Elkins
Unknown exactly which book the iSBN goes to since WorldCat shows a completely different book and author.

A delicious twist on erotic romance, and the debut collection from a hot new author.

Three novellas. Two interlocking stories. One sizzling read.

And then there's Mia Malone, a sweet Dallas girl who had big dreams for the future when she first met Texas Ranger Logan Kincaid. That fairy tale was a lifetime ago. Today, framed for drug possession, she's forced to work undercover at a strip joint where several working girls have disappeared. Then in walks Logan-her protector, savior, and lover.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:47 -0400)

Nice set up: one spirited woman in Kit Townsend, and two hot buddies, Ryder and Mac, who take turns giving Kit what she needs. It's the perfect no-strings triangle and while it doesn't exactly follow the rules, neither does Kit. But when love unexpectedly throws these three friends for a loop, can they still have a happy ending?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,316,786 books! | Top bar: Always visible