I Remain in Darkness by Annie Ernaux

I Remain in Darkness

by Annie Ernaux

373306,014 (4)6

It appears I have saved the best of Annie Ernaux for last, or near the last of the remaining oeuvre yet for me to read. This was an amazing journey shared with us, her readers. The pain and torture she was going through was beyond real as she daily lost her mother for good. ( )
  MSarki | Jan 23, 2016 |
My review is in issue 3 of Belletrista:

http://belletrista.com/2010/issue3/features_5.php ( )
  kidzdoc | Jan 7, 2010 |
Distressing and realistic account of Alzheimer's disease and its impact on loved ones. ( )
  jon1lambert | Mar 17, 2009 |
In ''I Remain in Darkness'' (its title taken from the last coherent sentence her mother ever wrote) Ernaux abandons her search for a larger truth because, in the face of a loss as profound as that of her mother, all attempts to make sense of it have the feel of artifice.

Is contained in

My mother began losing her me two yeamory and acting strangely two years after a serious road accident from which she had fully recovered--she was knocked down by a car that had run a red light.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,902,080 books! | Top bar: Always visible