Three Blind Mice by John W. Ivimey

Three Blind Mice

by John W. Ivimey

I originally picked this book because it came up in the library search when I was looking for books about disabilities, although I'm not sure if it really counts.
I never heard the folktale of the three Blind Mice, but I've seen references of them in tv and other books. This twist to the traditional folktale shows three seeing mice who are small and courageous looking for adventure.
Tin their quest they face hunger and are rejected (because they're mice) until a man gives them a tiny piece of bread. They are so happy and are dancing and celebrating, when the man's wife sees them and sends the cat to hunt them. The three mice are trying to escape when the lady cuts their tails with a knife and they fall un a bush where the thorns leaves them blind.I was shocked! Fortunately, they go to their friend rabbit who gives them a magic salve they rub in they eyes and see again.
The book is written in poem form, referring to the three blind mice song. ( )
  MonikaNicole | Apr 9, 2018 |
Most children have heard of the Three Blind Mice. While this is a classic tale, I do not think that this book sheds light on being blind. Once the mice become blind after being attacked by a cat, they are scared and try to find a way to cure themselves. They stumble upon a magic cream that they rub on their eyes to be able to see again. This book should have focused more on their happiness even when they were blind instead of them searching for the "cure" to their blindness. ( )
  krista_patman | Apr 7, 2017 |
Three blind mice is a classic tale that is told through generations, however, from a disabilities stand point this book would not be the best. The mice are feeble and weak once they become blind after a cat attack. They search for magic and cure their disabilities. I think it would better if the mice found happiness even with their blindness. ( )
  MeganSchneider | Mar 28, 2017 |
SUMMARY: Three mice, tired of life at home, decide to roam the countryside looking for some fun. However, sometimes adventure is not always a good thing.

REVIEW: This is a great take on a traditional fairy tale. It contains language and illustrations that are simple enough for children to understand, as told in repetitious, poetic verse. The book goes into much more detail than the simple, easy nursery rhyme of the same name. The main message of this book is that it is never to late to be saved. For example, the chemist with a solution for their blindness tells the mice that it is "never too late to mend." I believe that children will find this book a very interesting read. ( )
  amay3 | Dec 9, 2014 |
This is the story of the Three Blind Mice and their many adventures. I know this story originally as a song so I was sort of singing it. This is a all around fun story and I think children would enjoy reading it. ( )
  TaylorRankins | Oct 29, 2014 |

John W. Ivimeyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chess, VictoriaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Corbould, WaltonIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Galdone, PaulIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Langner, NolaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440843154, Unknown Binding)

Three Blind Mice, Paperback by John Ivimey.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:12 -0400)

Three small mice in search of fun become hungry, scared, blind, wise, and, finally happy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,331,852 books! | Top bar: Always visible