Dead-End Job by Vicki Grant

Dead-End Job

by Vicki Grant

I like that book because devin likes to paint good pictures.The worst part was devin works at a convience store and she has to restock some shelves and clean everything on the counter. ( )
  japatterson | Oct 1, 2013 |
great book, really caught my attention the whole time. I just wanted to keep on reading it to see what would happen.
I loved it and i recommend it to everybody. very easy and short book but super good and makes sense.
It is about a boy who is obsessed with the main character, Frances, who works at a gas station. He came to the gas station one night and after that he stalked here everywhere she went, took pictures of her and sent them to her, went to her house, etc. He was a real creep but he was so nice Frances didn't realize he was stalking her until the night he came to the gas station and tried to kill her .... ( )
  TildaGustafsson | May 17, 2010 |
Francis loves her boyfriend Leo very much. Then she meets Devin. Devin is perfect for her. They have so much in common, it's scary. But Francis realizes that she really does love Leo, and that's when things with Devin become really scary.
Great quick read. Will appeal to extremely reluctant and avid readers alike. Pace is nice, the plot is more or less realistic. Will appeal to older teenagers. ( )
  hhunt75 | Nov 19, 2007 |
“Grant has penned a fast-paced and exciting novel about a resourceful teen trying to do the right thing.”
added by percivalbouse | editHip Librarians Book Blog

"An intense, plot-driven book. A strong choice for reluctant readers."
added by percivalbouse | editNew York Public Library

There was something really weird about that bag of cheese doodles. It was too fat at the bottom or too pointy at the corners or something. I stared at it for ages, but I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. It was making me crazy.

I grabbed my hair and screamed.

Someone said, "Are you all right?"

Frances works the night shift at a local convenience store, dividing her time between restocking shelves and working on her art. Her routine is broken one night when Devin comes into the store. He claims to be the son of a famous local artist and offers her advice on her drawings. Although he seems to know way too much about her, Frances decides, against the advice of her boyfriend, that he is odd but harmless. By the time she realizes the danger she is in, Devin is completely obsessed with her and convinced that if he can't have her, no one will. Frances will be forced to use all her strength to escape from Devin.… (more)

Orca Book Publishers

3 editions of this book were published by Orca Book Publishers.

Editions: 1551433788, 1551435667, 155469051X

Orca Book Publishers

2 editions of this book were published by Orca Book Publishers.

Editions: 1551433788, 155469051X

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,094,186 books! | Top bar: Always visible