Backstage with Julia: My Years with Julia…

Backstage with Julia: My Years with Julia Child

by Nancy Verde Barr

This was a whimsy of a book, a fast read. Wonderful stories and quips about Julia, not too in depth but a delight to read all the same. ( )
  E.J | Apr 3, 2013 |
This was a nice book to go along with 'As Always, Julia', but my favorite of the books about Julia is Julia's own writing, 'My Life in France.' It was interesting to find out about Julia's huge stock of energy and zest for life. ( )
  sriemann | Mar 30, 2013 |
This was pretty interesting, even though it took me forever to finish. Most of her stories of Julia were good, but maybe too detailed--but I guess you wouldn't even read it if you weren't deep into Julia Child and her talents. I know my mom would have loved this book. ( )
  eliorajoy | Sep 25, 2009 |
I have been reading every book I can get on Julia Child since the interest in the movie and some were just too good to be true. Ms. Barr was able to present both sides of Child's personality, not just the one that admirers want to see. The negative aspects are presented in such a way as to make Ms. Child real, rather than as a negative comment on her personality style. Ms. Barr is also able to shed light on the marriage of Mr and Mrs Child, as most books make their marriage one of no problems. Actually, this presentation shows that tolerance and love and respect makes for a good marriage, not a perfect one, and one that can endure time. An excellent book to learn about the real Julia Child, from one who lived and worked with her over many years. ( )
  bakersfieldbarbara | Aug 29, 2009 |

You’ll love this intimate portrait of the inimitable Julia Child by Nancy Verde Barr, her executive chef and friend for twenty-four years. Brimming with anecdotes, memorabilia, and snapshots, Backstage with Julia conveys Julia’s generosity, her boundless energy, and her love of food and life. This loving memoir celebrates the adventurous, unassuming essence of the chef who seasoned American palates and heightened our appreciation of food.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:27 -0400)

A profile of "The French Chef" by a long-time friend, chef, and assistant looks back on their long association and offers a revealing portrait of the real Julia Child, sharing anecdotes and reminiscences of their friendship.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,625,210 books! | Top bar: Always visible