Revenge of the Homecoming Queen (Aspen…

Revenge of the Homecoming Queen (Aspen Brooks)

by Stephanie Hale

Aspen wants to be homecoming queen so bad she can taste it. Unfortunately Angel Ives, her worst enemy gets it. Then Angel disappears and so does Aspen's mother, at first Aspen thought Angel was just hiding but now that her mother is gone too, she is really worried. Of course she's also falling for the dork that somehow got crowned homecoming king which is also a problem for her.

This book is just completely over the top in a way that I found funny and enjoyable. I will admit I wasn't always sure if it was trying for funny or just working out that way. There is the geek gets the girl romance, the mother shopaholic issues, an outed best friend, the kidnapping mystery and more. Parts of it were predictable and Aspen definitely needed to learn a lesson (although perhaps not quite so heavy handedly) but I found it fun overall. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
It was entertaining enough to warrant skimming much of the middle to read to the end, but it was uneven in structure and voice. The crass language scattered hither and thither is unconvincing and superfluous. The protagonist's parents and the "baddy" -- all right, all of the grownups -- are pathetic and weedy. Even the names of some of the characters are distracting: Mr. Lowe and Ms. Hott? Really? That said, I've read worse. ( )
  NatalieSW | Jan 1, 2015 |

All that matters is what's inside...as long as there's a tiara on the outside.

The flawless Aspen Brooks was born to be Homecoming Queen. Naturally she's dating the most popular guy in school, and she's blessed with stunning good looks, excellent style, and mega brains. She's got the crown in the bag.

So why is the tiara being placed on the skanky head of cheerleader Angel Ives? The confusion only grows after ultra-dork Rand Bachrach is crowned king. To Aspen's shock and horror, Angel actually accuses her of being behind this. Whatevs!

But then something goes terribly, terribly wrong. Strange things start happening--even stranger than Angel beating Aspen. Now someone's leaving her threatening messages and slashing her tires. She's sure it's that beyotch Angel doing these things. And if Angel wants war, by Dooney & Bourke she'll get one.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:28 -0400)

When beautiful, popular, and seemingly-perfect high school senior Aspen Brooks loses out to her rival for homecoming queen, it is only the beginning of a series of strange events including thefts, kidnappings, and Aspen falling for the unfashionable but endearing Rand Bachrach.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,592,498 books! | Top bar: Always visible