In God we die by Warren Ostrom

PHP #385
  BirmFrdsMtg | Mar 14, 2017 |
Is it wise to prolong our lives with medical interventions, especially when we are old? Should we have faith that God has a purpose for us, and when we have fulfilled it, at whatever age, it is all right to die? How can we discern and make decisions about our wishes about medical treatment and death?
This pamphlet contains a helpful section on practicing discernment. Ostrom also explains very tenderly what he knows, doesn't know, and believes about life and death. An appendix explains legal options (as of 2006) for giving your instructions on the end of your life. ( )
  QuakerReviews | Mar 3, 2015 |
A practical, philosophical, and spiritual consideration of the right time to die. ( )
  strawberrycreekmtg | Jan 13, 2013 |
In God We Die invites us to look with fresh eyes at the prospect of our own death and dying, reminding us that we can trust the Spirit with our lives and deaths. ( )
  CFMLibrary | Mar 9, 2012 |
The author give good and accurate advice about end-of-life directives at the end of the pamphlet. The discussion on life-after-death was also interesting. His reasoning about whether to intervene medically was fraught with hubris on his part, in my opinion (humbly, though, humbly! :) ). His arguments were not logical and were often based on questionable premises, such as the fact that the new immigrants to the United States are being "forced" into health care positions because of our national feeling pf superiority. Ack! Still, a pamphlet sure to stir conversation. ( )
  kaulsu | Feb 25, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,426,689 books! | Top bar: Always visible