Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires, Book…

Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires, Book 3) (edition 2007)

by Rachel Caine

Member:LisaWalsh
Title:Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires, Book 3)
Authors:Rachel Caine
Info:NAL Jam (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages

Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

Feast of Fools by Rachel Caine (Pedrolina)
    Pedrolina: The next book in the series

3,5 stars

Claire has now pledged herself to Amelie, the founder of Morganville, but is scared to tell her friends knowing they will get mad. Something is happening to the vampires and Amelie needs Claire’s help to solve it. She sends Claire as a pupil to Myrnin, who is old and half-crazy with periods of lucidity.

I have to say that I hate these evil cliffhangers! It’s so wrong to end every book like that…

The book pretty much starts where the last one ended and now Claire is pledged to Amelie but is afraid to tell her friends because she knows they’ll get mad. Especially Shane who is still trying to come to terms with the fact that Michael is a vampire. Shane doesn’t trust Michael anymore and honestly it’s getting old very soon. I mean they’ve been best friends for ages and now that Michael is a vampire everything suddenly changes? It’s not like he wanted it and is killing half the city.
But I like Shane and Claire together and it’s nice to see they move forward slowly.

How Claire always manages to get herself into these situations where she need to be saved is beyond me. And once again she finds herself in party where everything doesn’t go as planned. I understand she’s polite and all but enough. Monica threw her down the stairs and what else and she’s still being polite to her. Enough is enough.

We meet new vampire Myrnin to whom Amelie sends Claire. I liked Myrnin who’s half-crazy and only has periods of lucidity. His mood swings made him unpredictable and dangerous but he was nice between those.

We also meet Eve’s brother Jason again who’s apparently killing girls but no one seems to do anything about it. I really want to learn what’s his deal and I think he is hiding something.

Another enjoyable read from Caine. These are fairly quick reads but entertaining. ( )
  Elysianfield | Nov 16, 2016 |
I am really enjoying this series. All the aspects of living in a world with vampires is so different in this series than most of the others of its genre. We learn in this book that perhaps the vampires aren't so all powerful after all. Claire makes some mistakes again and her decision from the previous book comes into play quite a bit. I struggled a lot with Shane's attitude toward Michael...it's not that I don't get why he might act like that, I think it's more than I've come to expect better from him. We still have to deal with Monica and we still have to deal with Oliver, although those dealings are different now, again because of the choice Claire made in the last book. And once again, in what's become the style of this series, we end with a cliffhanger that will either leave your mouth gaping, or having you screaming at an inanimate object! Be warned! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
A great third installment of the Morganville Vampire series. We learn a bit more about the vamps and meet a few new characters that complicate Claire's life. Caine always ends these books with a teaser of what's to come, and it looks like the next one is gonna be a good one, too! ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
As I siad in my last review poor Claire can't just catch a freaking break. It keeps piling up, more and more crap for her to deal with. I feel so bad for her. Claire is like Anita Blake's less gun happy younger sister. Having to be best friends with the vampires even through they keep trying to kill her. I can't say I am to pleased with the deal she makes with the founder but, I can see the necessity, some people will go to any length to protect the people they love. Also, would someone just kill Eve's crazy brother already, jeeze, can't be that difficult, he is human (for the moment).

I think the fact that the founder was going to give Claire off as food was also very uncool. I think she made a bad decision that will effect the dynamic between Claire and herself for books to come. I also with Oliver wasn't such a bad guy. I like his character and could totally add him as a fav if it weren't for the whole Micheal thing, of course. I don't know how much longer I will be able to take the action packed, never stopping, pace of this series but I will continue reading until I need a break. Pretty heart wrenching, shocking, and leaves you needing to know what will happen next!

rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Claire, friends and a town full of vampires.

This time Claire finds out a vampire secret even all the other vampires don't know! ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
For the people who got me through my own personal Morganville years: Elizabeth Sandlin, Andy Sealy, Mona Fluitt, Bruce Tinsley, Luis Hernandez, Gary Wiley, Scott Chase, Marsha McNeill, Rachel Scarborough, and many more who made the days bright. Also to the memory of sitting next to Stevie Ray Vaughn, hearing him make magic when few people were even listening. Fot the people who are getting me through these Morganville years: Cat Conrad, Kelley Walters, Maria Stair, Katy Hendricks, Claire Wilkins and Baby Griff, Becky Rocha, Laurie Andrews, and her lovely girls, PN Elrod, Jackie Leaf, Bill Leaf, Joanne Madge, Irene Ferris, Ter Matthies, the Alphas, ORAC, Douglas Joseph, Sharon Sams and her son Boardman, Ann Jackson and her son Trey, and literally too many LiveJournal and MySpace friends to even list. Every one of them a special, undeserved gift. And to Charles Armitage and Kevin Cleary, for making Morganville an even more exciting place.
The instant the phone rang at the Glass House, Claire knew with a psychic flash that it had to be her mother.

Claire Danvers's college town may be run by vampires but a truce between the living and the dead made things relatively safe. For a while. Now people are turning up dead, a psycho is stalking her, and an ancient bloodsucker has proposed private mentoring. To what end, Claire will find out. And it's giving night school a whole new meaning.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451222385, Mass Market Paperback)

Watch a Windows Media trailer for this book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:00 -0400)

When she pledges herself to Amelie, the most powerful vampire in town, Claire is faced with a past stalker, murder, and an ancient bloodsucker who extends a chilling invitation for private lessons in his secluded home.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,811,755 books! | Top bar: Always visible