Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires, Book…

Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires, Book 3) (edition 2007)

by Rachel Caine

Member:LisaWalsh
Title:Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires, Book 3)
Authors:Rachel Caine
Info:NAL Jam (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages

Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

Feast of Fools by Rachel Caine (Pedrolina)
    Pedrolina: The next book in the series

Caution: No spoilers for this book but prb some from the first 2.

I wanted to read this one because I have enjoyed the Morganville Vampire series until now, and I had a bit of break in review schedule.

Shane is very moody in this one. I understand he's hurt by Micheal's choices but he took it out on everyone.

There are lots of surprises for Claire to especially with Monica and her change in behavior. .. it was suspicious in some ways and not in others.

The romance is heating up this one a bit. I adored how Eve and Michael were together it was cute. Then there are just enough steamy moments without Shane crossing the line and had me kinda cursing his restraint, although I understand because of the minor thing.

It was a pleasure to meet Myrnin he was so smart it kind of blew my mind and Clare's. He was sick and he's old and he's trying to find a way to cure the vampires and himself from the madness. He is like an old man with dementia though, except he is one with fangs, and Claire can one minute be a friend and another be a tempting and tasty snack that he can barely restrain himself from. But he is so eccentric and passionate, and yes, okay, pity worthy how he changes without control.

This one as usual left us at a place where I didn't really want to stop reading, but since these aren't review books, I knew that I had to put them to the side for now. But I can't wait for the next one to see what will unfold as a result of this books' events and ending.

Bottom Line: Great addition to an addictive series. ( )
  brandileigh2003 | Nov 29, 2014 |
As I siad in my last review poor Claire can't just catch a freaking break. It keeps piling up, more and more crap for her to deal with. I feel so bad for her. Claire is like Anita Blake's less gun happy younger sister. Having to be best friends with the vampires even through they keep trying to kill her. I can't say I am to pleased with the deal she makes with the founder but, I can see the necessity, some people will go to any length to protect the people they love. Also, would someone just kill Eve's crazy brother already, jeeze, can't be that difficult, he is human (for the moment).

I think the fact that the founder was going to give Claire off as food was also very uncool. I think she made a bad decision that will effect the dynamic between Claire and herself for books to come. I also with Oliver wasn't such a bad guy. I like his character and could totally add him as a fav if it weren't for the whole Micheal thing, of course. I don't know how much longer I will be able to take the action packed, never stopping, pace of this series but I will continue reading until I need a break. Pretty heart wrenching, shocking, and leaves you needing to know what will happen next!

mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
The tension increases as Claire becomes enmeshed in the vampire conflicts. On the bright side, she is now in challenging classes and she's proving to be more engaged and interested in her life in general. She walks a line between safe and endangered, and her intellect isn't always reflected in the decisions that she makes. The constant tensions exhaust me, and there is rarely a good place to stop reading. Although these books are well - written and engaging, I find myself frustrated when the "just one more page" hunger leaves me late for work. Don't start reading if you have someplace to be anytime soon. ( )
  CorinasQuill | Aug 31, 2014 |
For the people who got me through my own personal Morganville years: Elizabeth Sandlin, Andy Sealy, Mona Fluitt, Bruce Tinsley, Luis Hernandez, Gary Wiley, Scott Chase, Marsha McNeill, Rachel Scarborough, and many more who made the days bright. Also to the memory of sitting next to Stevie Ray Vaughn, hearing him make magic when few people were even listening. Fot the people who are getting me through these Morganville years: Cat Conrad, Kelley Walters, Maria Stair, Katy Hendricks, Claire Wilkins and Baby Griff, Becky Rocha, Laurie Andrews, and her lovely girls, PN Elrod, Jackie Leaf, Bill Leaf, Joanne Madge, Irene Ferris, Ter Matthies, the Alphas, ORAC, Douglas Joseph, Sharon Sams and her son Boardman, Ann Jackson and her son Trey, and literally too many LiveJournal and MySpace friends to even list. Every one of them a special, undeserved gift. And to Charles Armitage and Kevin Cleary, for making Morganville an even more exciting place.
The instant the phone rang at the Glass House, Claire knew with a psychic flash that it had to be her mother.

Claire Danvers's college town may be run by vampires but a truce between the living and the dead made things relatively safe. For a while. Now people are turning up dead, a psycho is stalking her, and an ancient bloodsucker has proposed private mentoring. To what end, Claire will find out. And it's giving night school a whole new meaning.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451222385, Mass Market Paperback)

Watch a Windows Media trailer for this book.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:46 -0400)

When she pledges herself to Amelie, the most powerful vampire in town, Claire is faced with a past stalker, murder, and an ancient bloodsucker who extends a chilling invitation for private lessons in his secluded home.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,365,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible