Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires, Book…

Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires, Book 3) (edition 2007)

by Rachel Caine

1,295None6,033 (3.92)47
Member:LisaWalsh
Title:Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires, Book 3)
Authors:Rachel Caine
Info:NAL Jam (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages

Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

Feast of Fools by Rachel Caine (Pedrolina)
    Pedrolina: The next book in the series

Now Claire has to deal with the fact that she's pledged to Amelie, the most powerful vampire in town, who has plans for her that involve Myrnin, a dangerous vampire who is working on a cure for a disease that is infecting vampires. She's also dealing with her boyfriend, Shane, people politics and the fact that their housemate, Michael, is a vampire now.

It read like an episode or two of Buffy. Not terrible but not really moving me. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Mar 5, 2014 |
I read the first two books in this series in paperback then got a huge ass iBooks collection of books 1 to 8 which I'm working my way through however, I'm adding each one separately rather than in a bundle because the bundle is taking me forever to get through and I'm going to have different views on different books. Where as I loved the first two, this one was only an okay one.

I liked the story, there are characters I love, characters I hate and things about the plot I liked and didn't like but since it was a while ago when I read it I can't remember off the to of my head. I remember reading it pretty quickly in about a week and going immediately into the next one as it had a pretty good cliffhangery ending. ( )
  sunsetxcocktail | Jan 20, 2014 |
This is my favorite book in the series so far because the plot FINALLY focuses on Claire's schooling. When her schedule got replaced with harder classes, I went just a bit green with envy - I'm a nerd at heart, even though I haven't been to school in years. I also love that we get more background information about the town of Morganville, such as its purpose and an explanation of the more mystical aspects of the town. Myrnin was quite a fascinating character, and I would not have minded if the text spent more time on Claire's studies with him, as well as her advanced class studies. (And yes, my favorite parts of the Harry Potter series was the classroom stuff.)
I didn't like that this book did not have Eve's journal entries at the end like previous books have done. Those previously gave me clues into her mind and her relationship with Michael, as well as a taste of what happens in the next book, so I was rather disappointed when I realized it was missing.
I'm hoping that future books go into more detail about what the journals cover as well as what exactly the red crystals are and how they affected Claire. I'm hoping that the drama with Eve's brother Jason gets resolved quickly as I find him just plain annoying and obnoxious. The ending had me exclaiming out loud, and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series, Feast of Fools (Morganville Vampires, Book 4).

JacobsBeloved | Nov 25, 2013 |
This book felt like a transition novel. Like if it wasn't YA it would have been a 100 pages longer and delved into the power struggle and Myrin a bit more. I woul like to see the characters grow a bit more, Claire started sensing danger but still has a tendency to be like, "hmm that path is really dark and dangerous looking. Oh well, what's the worst that could happen?" ( )
  ErikaWasTaken | Sep 22, 2013 |
RATING: 3 stars

Still reads like a short-story and the only character that has some development is Claire (Shane could go to another country for all I care) but there is something appealing to the story. Something that makes you want to keep reading. The fact that it's magic and vampires but it makes sense (some sense at least).

There are a few plotlines that sound very interesting and a few others that I hope the author wraps up soon as they seem (seem, mind) to add very little to the story; I am curious about the Morganville 'universe' and frankly that is the only thing that keeps me reading.

Annoying points:
- still too teeny in parts
- Shane
- Eve's brother

Full review to come (maybe). ( )
  slayra | Sep 21, 2013 |
For the people who got me through my own personal Morganville years: Elizabeth Sandlin, Andy Sealy, Mona Fluitt, Bruce Tinsley, Luis Hernandez, Gary Wiley, Scott Chase, Marsha McNeill, Rachel Scarborough, and many more who made the days bright. Also to the memory of sitting next to Stevie Ray Vaughn, hearing him make magic when few people were even listening. Fot the people who are getting me through these Morganville years: Cat Conrad, Kelley Walters, Maria Stair, Katy Hendricks, Claire Wilkins and Baby Griff, Becky Rocha, Laurie Andrews, and her lovely girls, PN Elrod, Jackie Leaf, Bill Leaf, Joanne Madge, Irene Ferris, Ter Matthies, the Alphas, ORAC, Douglas Joseph, Sharon Sams and her son Boardman, Ann Jackson and her son Trey, and literally too many LiveJournal and MySpace friends to even list. Every one of them a special, undeserved gift. And to Charles Armitage and Kevin Cleary, for making Morganville an even more exciting place.
The instant the phone rang at the Glass House, Claire knew with a psychic flash that it had to be her mother.

Claire Danvers's college town may be run by vampires but a truce between the living and the dead made things relatively safe. For a while. Now people are turning up dead, a psycho is stalking her, and an ancient bloodsucker has proposed private mentoring. To what end, Claire will find out. And it's giving night school a whole new meaning.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451222385, Mass Market Paperback)

Watch a Windows Media trailer for this book.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:46 -0400)

When she pledges herself to Amelie, the most powerful vampire in town, Claire is faced with a past stalker, murder, and an ancient bloodsucker who extends a chilling invitation for private lessons in his secluded home.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,441,330 books! | Top bar: Always visible